Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Flourishing Bloom

Good Evening!

I'm back as promised with my second post and project for the day, you can see the first HERE! I've had this card idea in my head ever since the CASE Study challenge HERE went live and the SFS Simple Bloom was perfect to pair with FONTiment Fancies - Swirls & Flourishes which I have badly neglected - oops!

This is how my vision turned out...




What do you think? Can you see how I was inspired by Maile's card seen below? I loved the layered bloom and the watercolour effect and so gave both ago on my card. 




I started out by printing a few large Simple Blooms and used my watercolour pencils to colour them in before cutting them out. When I cut the second bloom out I cut into the curves of some of the petals to add more dimension as when the watercolour had dried it made the paper curl slightly...




I only adhered both flowers at the centre of the bloom and added a large pearl to finish it off. I'm super pleased with how this turned out considering my creative mojo has been a wandering!! 

I was also super pleased to get an email saying I was a Perfect Princess HERE with my Freshly Made Sketch entry for this card HERE. Certainly made my day a little brighter :)

It's all go here in the studio this week as Uniko Studio will be at the Looka' Teesside Craft Fair on Saturday 1st June with NEW June Release Stamps & Dies!! Whoop Whoop! So if your in the area pop along, the address is:

Stockton Parish Church
High Street
Stockton-On-Tees
TS18 1SP

The fair is on from 10am - 4pm and I'd LOVE you to pop by :)

OK, best be off still a bit to do before the day is out! Thanks for stopping by again.


Supplies:
Card Stock: WPlus9 White
Ink: SU! Garden Green & Certainly Celery
Stamps: Uniko Studio FONTiment Fancies - Swirls & Flourishes
Accessories: Uniko Studio SFS Simple Bloom, Watercolours, Pearl 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow Beverley this is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. and Congrats on being made a perfect Princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just gorgeous! What a fabulous inspiration piece :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated