Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Introducing... Accent Essentials: Arrows

Hey Everyone!

I am super happy you've stopped by the blog today as today I get to introduce the first product being released on June 11th HERE on the website. The name of the set says it all really, but how about a couple of projects to really show it in action...

Ever since the CASE Study challenge HERE went up I've wanted to share this card, but didn't want to ruin the release party fun, so I was SO happy when I knew I could squeeze it in before the challenge ended! Haha!




I was firstly inspired by the curve of the feathers on Maile's card and also the colours...




One of the many things I love about clear stamps is that you can shape them on your acrylic block, which is what I did here with the longest arrow. The sentiment is from FONTiments - Birthday (back in stock soon) stamped onto a banner and adhered to the card using foam adhesive.




So many possibilities with this little set and I can see me using it a lot, especially for masculine cards! 

This next card is totally perfect for a guy...




I started out by lightly drawing a pencil rectangle on my white mat layer before stamping the arrows. I then stamped my sentiment from Label Love: Birthday before going over part of the rectangle with a black fine liner. I then rubbed the remaining pencil lines out before adhering the stamped panel to a black CS base. It looked pretty good but decided to add a bit of sparkle by glittering the inside of the outline arrow :)

Taheerah also has a card to share today also using Accent Essentials: Arrows so be sure to stop by her blog HERE for another look at the set in action.

That's all from me today, I will be back tomorrow for another product introduction. Until then thank you for stopping by and joining in on the June Release fun :)

Supplies:

Happy Birthday
Card Stock: PTI Kraft, White from stash
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz, SU! Daffodil Delight & Pumpkin Pie, VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Accent Essentials: Arrows & FONTiments - Birthday
Accessories: PTI Banner Die & Foam Adhesive

Birthday Wishes
Card Stock: SU! Basic Black, White from stash
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Real Red & Lucky Limeade
Stamps: Uniko Studio Accent Essentials: Arrows & Label Love: Birthday
Accessories: Hero Arts Prisma Glitter

11 comments:

  1. I love your take on the CASE Study Challenge. Those arrow are fab especially the curve. Love the colours of the arrows in the second card, Bev! I cannot wait to receive the sets and play with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ...just perfect for the challenge....love your arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright coloured arrows + glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at an arrow stamp set, but haven't found just the right one! Yeah, I think we have a winner! I love all your cards! They really showcase these arrows well!
    {hugs}
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this arrow set, great for male cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I am loving how you curved the arrows to mimic the feathers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the curved arrows! What a cool take on Maile's card :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable arrows...really like the curved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love this stamp set!! The red green and blue card is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! That layout is PERFECT Beverley! I cannot wait to play with this set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never quite know how to use arrows. Thanks for showing us yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - what a fabulous way to showcase your new releases. WONDERFUL cards!!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated