Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Studying CASE Study Style!

Hey!

Today I've a card I made inspired by the current CASE Study challenge seen HERE and below, I didn't get time to join in with last weeks challenge but had to when I saw the inspiration this week...




What a beauty from Lisa Spangler, don't you think? When I saw the card I was instantly drawn to the hexagon and my instinct was to go down that route. Instead I went with this...




I was also inspired by the embossed background so started out with that. I also kept the card layout and arrangement the same and used the colours on Lisa's card for my blooms from Flower Power #2. I also layered the flowers like Lisa has with the focal elements on her card.




OK, thats all from me today I've quite a few things I want to cross off my 'to do' list today and I've also a new guest in the studio this week... Abbie a new graduate from Cleveland College of Art & Design. I'm sure Abbie will introduce herself later in the week once she has settled in! 

I'll be back tomorrow with more to share, until then thanks for stopping by.


Supplies:
Card Stock: White from stash, PTI Soft Stone
Ink: SU! Real Red, PTI Hawaiian Shores & VersaMark
Accessories: Cosmic Shimmer True White Embossing Powder, Pearls, PTI Banner Die, Embroidery Floss & Foam Adhesive.

8 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the chevron background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the color combination 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your CASE & those flowers are so beautiful! I'm pinning this & hope to CASE it! Thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, this is the style I can't do!!!
    thanks for your visit at my blog,
    lots of sunny greetings from Finland, we are prepairing the mid summer fest;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beverly! Clean and simple perfection here! Love the sprinkle of pearls - just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those blue and red flowers :) Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I've seen it IRL, the photo doesn't do this fab card justice - LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo! so pretty. love the inspiration piece, this is lovely with those flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated