Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Studying Butterflies

Hey!

So today I'm studying butterflies CASE Study style! The new muse this month is Jocelyn Olson who's crafting style I have admired for sometime and pair that with butterflies I'd be silly not to play along! So, out came the BRIGHT Butterflies clear stamp set & dies to create this card...




I chose to stamp the background butterflies in a softer colour palette, picking the softer shades from Jocelyn's card seen HERE and below. 





I then used the brighter pink for my die cut stamped butterfly so that it would stand out against the background. I kept the sentiment simple which is from Label Love: Birthday and stamped it on a die cut banner.




Well, it's another scorcher of a day here in the UK and that makes things in the studio even more happier and brighter! I hope you all have a lovely day whatever the weather where you are and thank you for stopping by today.

I'll be back tomorrow with more to share.

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash
Ink: SU! Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue & So Saffron. PTI Raspberry Fizz & VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies, Rhinestone & PTI Banner Die

3 comments:

  1. Stunning. I like the simplicity and the pretty soft colours on this, a clever interpretation of the image. Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration, just need lots of time to put some in to practice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bitty gem on the popped up butterfly - like the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card; a beautiful interpretation! I'm 'this close' to inking up some stamps with coloured inks (stained, or rather 'colour-kissed' stamps scare me!!), and I think you've given me the extra nudge I need. Thanks for the inspiration; going to look at my not-yet-opened teensy little ink collection...
    Have a fantastic day!!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated