Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Watercolour LOVE

Hey!

The watercolour trend in paper crafting has been around for sometime now and it is a trend I've not really dabbled in much until yesterday when I was inspired to join in on the current CASE Study challenge seen HERE and below...




The current muse over on CASE Study this month is the FABulous Donna Mikasa, be sure to check out Donna's blog HERE for tons more inspiration.

Here's my take on the inspiration...




I started out by stamping the LOVE & you in VersaMark ink and heat embossing it with white embossing powder. I then used a aqua painter to paint the SU! Rose Red watercolour effect over the top. I love the emboss resist technique which I also used recently on THIS card. 




I used the colour directly from my ink pad, simply squishing it together a little on the lid of the ink pad. You could also stamp it onto the edge of a cutting mat or piece of acetate. A few rhinestones finished the panel off which is adhered to the base card using foam adhesive.

This was a fun & simple card to make using a very versatile trend and technique, one that I think I will explore a little more! That's all from me today, I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Until then, thank you for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash
Ink: VersaMark. SU! Rose Red
Stamps: Uniko Studio All Occasion Sentiments #3 and #5
Accessories: Rhinestones

15 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Bev. Emboss resist is perfectly done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful?! I love the wash of color...your design is flawless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Bev, absolutely gorgeous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercolour wash - great take on the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Beverley, this is just stunning. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What a wonderful take :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, what a gorgeous effect!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet take on Donna's card, congrats on your shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Beverley!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on TOP at Case Study!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is amazing! Congrats on your Top 3 at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated