Friday 1 November 2013

Design Team Inspiration - Non-Traditional Holiday Colors

Nicki here today with some Design Team Inspiration! I hope you've enjoyed seeing the wonderful creations by Bev and the design team lately using all the NEW products from the October release!

One set that seems to be super popular and one that I haven't used until now, is Stunning Snowflakes. I love the fact that there are 3 different snowflake designs, AND that they each have 3 different sizes! This makes for SOOOO many possibilities! Plus, those sentiments?! How cute are they, and how awesome are the fonts?!?! :)


I am a little tired of using the traditional red, green, and white for holiday cards (yes, already). So, I thought it was time to think outside the box a little, and use some non-traditional colors for this winter/holiday card.

I saw a bottle of Stickles sitting on my desk that I hadn't used much, and that was my inspiration for my color scheme. It's kind of a pink/coral color, so I decided to pair it with cream, kraft, and brown. I'm really loving how it all looks together!

First, the background was stamped using the "MERRY CHRISTMAS" stamp from Background Builders: Christmas. Next, the snowflakes were stamped with Pretty in Pink ink (SU) on top of the inked background. The die-cut snowflakes are layered, and popped up with foam tape. I placed the Stickles all around the outer edge of the pink snowflake to really give it some SPARKLE--and a little dab on the inside opening of the cream snowflake! Lastly, the sentiment is stamped with a medium brown ink.

I hope you've enjoyed this card today, and that I've inspired you to use some non-traditional colors for your holiday/winter cards!!

Supplies
Card Stock: PTI - Rustic White; SU - Pretty in Pink; Cream Shimmer (unknown)
Ink: SU - Pretty in Pink; PTI - Classic Kraft; Tsukineko - Jumbo Java
Accessories: Uniko Studio Snowflake Designer Dies, Stickles-Fruit Punch, Foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Unusual colour scheme, but I like it , they work well together. Perhaps you will have set the trend for next years colours on the high street! A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Your non-traditional colours are striking and eye-catching! Wonderful showcase of the snowflakes and sentiment; such lovely images! Thanks for the inspiration!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the non-traditional colours and one I wouldn't have thought of using. Thanks for the inspiration Nicki x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated