Thursday 28 January 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #158

Hey!

Welcome back to another fun challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This week is sketch week and our host Patricia has a fun and easy sketch for you...




With Valentine's Day just around the corner I thought I'd make a card suitable to give the hubby ;) and this is what I came up with second time round...




The first card I made which I will share further down was fun to make, but once I had finished it, it wasn't CAS enough. So this is how this card came about! 




I decided to ink up All Occasion Sentiments #5 as it is now back in stock HERE on the website along with 7 other clear stamp sets. I paired it with a tiny heart from Flower Power #3 and a 'you' die cut from SU! I added some subtle clear Wink of Stella to the die cut and hearts along with a trio of tiny rhinestones.

Here is the first card I made which uses the sketch but isn't quite CAS enough for the challenge...




I used the same supplies, but added in a larger open heart stamp from Always & Forever. Again I added the die cut 'you' and subtle Wink of Stella to the hearts and die cut.



Be sure to stop on by the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE to see what the DT have come up with and to link up your projects. Hope to see you in the gallery :)

That's all from me today, I'll be back again with more to share soon, until then, thank you for stopping by.


11 comments:

  1. Really cute Beverly love the clever angles and designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky hubby! The first card really allows the die cut you to pop, my favourite of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a great sketch to use and your first card is my favo; the red cardbase is perfect with the little red accents! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards Bev, wish I'd come up with that combination of stamps and colours! Simply stunning in both ways. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentine's! I hadn't even thought of that. These two are both fab, which one will you give him, I wonder
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute! I really like your colour choices and it has the perfect amount of bling. Great Valentine's card! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love the little trio of hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so perfectly CAS - love it. I even love the bling but don't tell my sis since I'm known for being fairly bling-free! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors you chose! The trio of hearts with the tiny bits of bling is darling. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Beverly! Love the combination of stamped and die cut sentiments - terrific colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated