Thursday 17 November 2016

Happy Birthday CAS Colours & Sketches!

Hey & YAY!

CAS Colours & Sketches are celebrating their Birthday today with their 200th Challenge too! This month Patricia is our hostess and has been inspired by the CC&S Blog Header for this weeks colour challenge HERE.




This is how I've used the colours this week...




I originally made a Christmas card using the colours, which I will share later in the week, but as it is CC&S Birthday I decided I should make a birthday card instead. The first birthday card I made, which I will also share later in the week, I thought wasn't quite CAS enough so I went on to make the one above! Third time lucky and all that ;) 

I've gone more down the masculine route too, with all the blues and I've kept to using a grungy geometric style stamp and simple bold sentiments.





I used Stampin' Up! Inks on my card, a couple have retired (sorry) but as blue is one of my favourite colours I kept them. I used Night of Navy, Ballet Blue and Bashful Blue. The sentiment is a mix of Uniko All Occasion Sentiments #2, Simply Said Birthday (partial stamped sentiment) and the circles are from Background Builders: Round In Circles. The enamel dots are My Minds Eye On Trend collection and coordinate lovely with Night Of Navy! 

It wouldn't be much of a birthday celebration without some presents, right?  This time, the gifts are for our challenge participants!  Three lucky winners will be chosen at random from our participants in this week's challenge, and each of them will receive one of the following prizes:

An in-stock stamp set of the winner's choice from Uniko 

A $15 USD gift certificate from STAMPlorations

A gift certificate from Lawn Fawn  


Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, we'll be announcing our Weekly Winners for this challenge as usual on Monday, November 28, and we'll announce the Birthday Celebration prizes on Wednesday, November 30.

Ok, that's all from me for now, I hope I have inspired you to give these colours a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Ink: SU! Night Of Navy, Ballet Blue (Retired) and Bashful Blue (Retired)
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White, Bashful Blue (Retired)


Accessories: Foam Adhesive and My Minds Eye On Trend Enamel Dots

5 comments:

  1. I think this is wonderful! I do like the grungy circles, the little enamel dots and the lovely CAS layout. Fabulous work.

    I still use Bashful blue too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I miss Bashful Blue (I have ink but ran out of card stock ages ago, lol)! Your card is awesome - love the grungey border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to take another look at that stamp set once I'd seen your card - love, love how you've used it! I can see a CASE coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mix of circles is great. You've created a wonderful masculine card! :) And great minds think alike - I used Bashful Blue for my card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grungy circles with the little accents look great and perfect for a man, as you say. I'm enjoying these colours, so calm.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated