Tuesday 15 August 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #236 - Colours

Hey!

It's time for another CAS Colours & Sketches challenge! This month Patricia and Karen are our hostesses. Karen is our hostess this week and has THIS fun colour combo to inspire our creativity...




I knew I wanted to keep the colours to a minimum and I've certainly done that on my card...




I've been having some fun designing some new Background Blocks clear stamps and it reminded me that I hadn't used Background Blocks Doodle Flower for a while. I was looking through some challenges that I hadn't joined in on for a while and fancied the look of the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! seen HERE and below...




I started by stamping the doodle flower block in Altenew Limestone ink and die cut a circle using the Stampin' Up! Stitched Shapes Framelits. I then stamped the block again in Industrial Diamond ink and selectively coloured 3 of the flowers in the challenge colours, I used my Prismacolor Pencils. These were then fussy cut out.




The sentiment is from Simply Said and I added quite a bit of dimension to the layers, sentiment and flowers. A few Stampin' Up! Enamel Dots finished the card off.

That's all from me today using the sketch, but if you need some more inspiration using the sketch be sure to pop by the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE and see how the DT and Guest Designer have used it.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, I like those little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card Bev, and the thoughtful approach to your colors!! So fun!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the grey it really lets the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and I love the addition of the enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are really fun. I do like the circle idea, one I may borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've highlighted just a few of the flowers with the challenge colors. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love that you combined the two challenges. x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated