Sunday 17 February 2019

Uniko Studio DT Showcase...Distress Ink Backgrounds (aka: Colouring Made Simple)

Hello,

Carol here, with a burning question:  Are you, at times, daunted by colouring, especially 'big' floral images? If so, welcome to my world! While I do enjoy (usually...) dabbling with copics, Tombow/Zig markers (provided water is 'not' involved!) and pencils, reality is that oftentimes, my efforts aren't successful (which makes for a happy, well-fed recycle bin *grin*) or I don't have time/inclination to colour.  

Today, my Uniko Studio DT Showcase features a 'round about' colouring technique that  most of you are familiar with but...it's nice to have reminders now and again, right? Right!

Have you been following Kristina Werner's Distress Oxide blends series? Swoon! I selected a trio of her combinations - inks I had no idea would work so well together -  to pair with various Uniko Studio images. NOTE: I mixed-and-matched oxides with regular distress inks, depending what I had in my collection.

My goals: to create cards with colour, minus the stress/time of full-fledged colouring and to highlight just how pretty outline stamps can be, left more or less, as is.

How about I let the photos do the talking...you'll see what I mean.


Card 1
Background panel: Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, Aged Mahogany
Sentiment:  Simply Said
Because the image looked a bit 'flat', I went in with a couple of prisma pencils, just a bit darker than the actual distress inks to add some shading/depth to the rose petals.

Card 2
Background panel: Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw
Sentiment:  Simply Said
Again, I used pencils to add depth/shading.

Card 3
Background panel: Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles, Twisted Citron
Sentiment:  Simply Said
Yes...more pencil...

Hopefully, you'll come away with some new ink blending techniques to 'breathe life' into your Uniko Studio stamps. Easy to do...with results that can be both pretty and time-saving!

5 comments:

  1. You are so right Carol! These Uniko stamps shine whether coloured with pens or inked over. Great to be reminded about things don't have to be complicated to create stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect here Carol, so simple yet so effective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the ink blending on all cards.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated