Wednesday 20 March 2019

DT Inspiration ...... Spring is in the air, finally

Happy Wednesday .....

Good morning ...... it's the first day of Spring!
It's Linda here, with a little bit of inspiration for you, using one of my favourite Uniko clear stamp sets ..... Natures Treasures II, along with the co-ordinating stencil.  The smaller of the leaves on the stencil fit perfectly with the two leaf sprays from the stamp set.  Great for adding extra detail ..... use the stamps just with coloured inks to add shading to your stenciled leaves, or try heat embossing over them as I've done on my card below .......


The idea for this was inspired by the very talented Kristina Werner who did a blog post recently about using Distress Oxides and Distress Inks together ....... this lady works wonders with the Distress range and has some great videos.  If you get the chance check them out.
Anyway ...... I loved the design of her finished card so here's my version. 

I started out by inking a piece of smooth watercolour card using various colours of Distress Oxides and the smooshing technique ....... swiping ink directly onto a craft mat, spritzing with water and then smooshing the card through the ink to pick up the colour .... easy. 
I started with a yellow (Scattered Straw), then added a couple of green shades (Shabby Shutters/Mowed Lawn), and finished with a touch of Squeezed Lemonade ...... perfect colours for Spring!
I added one colour at a time, and dried the card in between so that the inks layered rather than mixed together.


I die cut a circle from the coloured card and then used the stencil to add the leaf design using Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink


Once the ink was dry, I used the Natures Treasures II stamps to add the extra detail to the leaves ......


Versamark ink and white embossing powder.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and heat embossed that in white ....


To attach it to the die cut circle I ran the vellum through a Xyron machine (now there's something I haven't used in a long time!!!)  This is a great way to attach vellum .... it applies a fine layer of adhesive to the back, and because it's all over it doesn't show through ..... clever eh!

To finish the card I added a few sparkly gems .....


And stamped anogther sentiment on the bottom .....


All the sentiments are from Uniko's Birthday Wishes ...... a great set to have in your collection. 
The fonts look fab, and all the sentiments work together, on the front of your cards or ..... on the inside too!


Thanks for popping by ....... have a great day.

Cheerio until next time ....

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Loving all the greens and the vellum sentiment. Fabulous showcase of the Uniko products.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated