Wednesday 22 April 2020

BA Inspiration, two cards from one Brusho panel

Hi and welcome, Julie here with a couple of cards using a bleaching technique with Brusho and the Spring Botanicals -Tulip stamp set from the last Uniko release.


I started with a panel of white card and using the top half of the Tulip stamp, I stamped, heat embossed with white EP and masked as I moved across the bottom of the card panel. I should have taken a photo as I went along but I got swept up in the creating, sorry!

Once I was happy with the amount of stamping and embossing,  I sprinkled Prussian Blue Brusho across the middle of it then Leaf Green across the bottom third. I didn't worry about any overlap, just wanted 2/3 of my panel covered.
I then spritzed it with water and put to one side to dry.

Now to the magic bit. Once dry, I took a small amount of concentrated beach in a dish and added some water to dilute. You really don't need a lot for it to work. Using a cheap synthetic brush, bleach rots good ones, I painted over the tulip blooms and then left it to dry. If the colour is still too dark just go back and take another pass!
Again I forgot to take a pic of the finished bleached out blooms but after I added some colour to the blooms with pink Zig watercolor brush pens, this is the result. I chose pink so that it wouldn't matter if the pale blue left from bleaching showed through. I added some shading to the stems and leaves too with a couple of the green pens.



I loved the finished panel but decided to make it go further by cutting it in two and trimming each panel down to size.

The first card just uses the left hand strip glued flat on an A6 white card after adding a sentiment from the Simply Said set on a strip of card. A couple of thin silver mirror card strips down each side of the panel complete.


The second uses the cut down right hand panel, close cropped and given a die cut frame.
The same sentiment was stamped on the frame and the whole panel was popped up on some funky pink foam to match the flower heads.


This technique was inspired by the challenge over at CAS Mix Up, I'd never tried it before but I love the effect it gives. Why don't you have a go, challenge yourself to learn a new technique whilst we are in lockdown!

Keep safe and hopefully sane out there!


8 comments:

  1. Stunning cards, the colours just work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique and stunning and beautiful cards. I love that the hint of blue, in some parts shows through the tulip and makes them extra pretty and so unique. Amazing cards, both of them x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning Julie! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 wonderful cards, Julie! Great results with this technique! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Julie, these are absolutely breathtaking! This post has made me want the tulip stamp, some brushos and to try the bleach technique - all in one go! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated