Tuesday 11 May 2021

Two For Tuesday - Hello Lovely

 Happy Tuesday!


It's been a little while since I did a Two For Tuesday and as the weather at the weekend was absolutely dismal I spent some much needed creative time in the studio to cheer myself up! 





I was inspired to dust off Hello Lovely and a few of my Distress Oxide inks as it has been a while since I have used both! 




With Hello Lovely being such a large detailed stamp with a bold statement it can be used in so many ways. You know I am not an expert when it comes to colouring AND these days its a tie between not having enough patience OR being needed for something! So opting for a quick colour solution is always welcomed - haha! 


I didn't time myself making these cards, but at a guess I'd say they took me 15 mins each, so half an hour max. I think the longest part was the masking. 





On this first card I masked a rectangle in the centre of my card base. There are lots of masking type stencils out there, but I don't have a rectangle and I have a roll of Post-it tape that works wonderfully. It can sometimes be a little over sticky and take off card with it (see the bottom right corner of this card) when removed, but only if I forget to go slow.





I used Distress Oxides in Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral from top to bottom to create this beautiful background. I then simply stamped the Hello Lovely peony cluster in black ink over the top. I added a sentiment also from the set and my current favourite accent stamp, the trio of circles from Floral Vines.


This lead me onto my second card today...





I wanted to keep my colours and layout the same, so for this card I created ink blended stripes and I absolutely love how it turned out. Again I used Post-it masking tape and it worked really well. I took it slow to peel off this time ;)




I'm loving this colour combo of pinks and reds too, I think this card shows each of the colours off better and it's more striking. 

What do you think? Are you a fan of red and pink together?

That's all from me today, its a busy week in The Studio this week with some restocks coming - yay! Plus it's my birthday on Friday AND I get my first Covid vaccine on Saturday so I am trying to get ahead a little. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Crafty Hugs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated