Monday 7 June 2021

Mixed Media Monday - Guest Brand Ambassador Trish Latimer

 Happy Monday & Shiny New Week! 


Today I am bring a new feature to the blog and a theme that from an Instagram poll not long ago revealed that many of you would like to see more of, Mixed Media. As you know I lean towards clean & simple, but it is a style I dabble in now and then. More so when I was lucky enough to have a feature in Craft Stamper magazine. This of which leads me nicely to introducing our Guest Brand Ambassador to kick off this feature. Please give a warm Uniko welcome to Trish Latimer.





I'm Trish Latimer, full time mixed media artist. Former editor of Craft Stamper, current addict of all things painty! You can usually find me in my studio covered in paint, glue and very occasionally glitter too......





For this art panel, I scraped some texture paste through the Wonky Stripes Stencil and let it dry. Creating the rainbow is great fun, although a little messy! I used acrylic inks, but paint will work too. Simply add a small dot of colour, then spray with water. The colour will move around, giving a washed out look. The important thing to remember is to make sure each colour is dry before adding the next, otherwise you'll end up with a muddy mess. 




Once the rainbow was done, I added splats of white paint and the stamped words. This panel was glued to a wooden box frame, but of course this effect can be done as a flatter project, in an art journal or as a greetings card front.




Another art panel, but a totally different look! This one is a much more pastel affair. I painted pieces of card in my chosen colour scheme (of course you can use ready coloured card!) and then white embossed lots of designs all over them. I drew a scallop shaped template, and used this to cut down my card. Each identical scallop nesting underneath the next. 




I used the diamond shaped stamps from Background Builders Delightful Diamonds as the flower 'petals', white embossing those, cutting them put and then gluing them together. The flower stem was created by wrapping white cord around a bamboo skewer, then trimming to size. 




Again, I put this panel onto a wooden box frame for display, but the idea is another than can be easily transferred to cards!


WOW! Are you picking your jaw up off the floor like I am right now? 

Trish had no idea what products I was sending and has created two fabulous mixed media projects with completely different feels and I am inspired by them both. I am loving the rainbow colours and dimension of the first card and texture paste is something I always neglect to use but the results like Trish has achieved is amazing. Then we have the soft pastel shades with beautiful white embossing and creative flower making on the second. 

I hope you have enjoyed todays feature and a big THANK YOU to Trish for inspiring us all. 


Crafty Hugs
 


8 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! The depth of the texture paste on the rainbow panel is amazing!
    I love the creation of the patterned papers on the second example too. And both so different. Fab work Trish. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are great. I do like to see different techniques. Love the rainbow panel. Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these - lots of inspiration. Thank you Trish. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish's canvases are amazing. Fabulously Mixed media, glorious colours and fun techniques x. Thank you for the inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant ideas and a nice feature. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blown away! The rainbow panel is just stunning and I love how mysterious and magical it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ! This is gorgeous ! I'm in awe with your stunning rainbow card. Fun technique to try. Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration !

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated