Tuesday 1 March 2022

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Cards for Ukraine

 Good afternoon, Julie here hoping to encourage you to spread a little bit of sunshine and support the people of the Ukraine at this sad time. The lovely Nancy of Color Hues and Seize the Birthday, has had the wonderful idea that Color Hues offer card makers, the chance to flood the internet with a show of solidarity with the Ukranian people with a mass of blue and yellow themed cards. 

Nancy first saw the original idea on the Share Handmade Kindness FB group on Saturday by card maker Linda Eterno. After seeing the post, Nancy then contacted the Color Hues team as well as the ladies over at Seize the Birthday to ask if we would join in. So for their latest challenge they are doing something slightly different, a yellow and blue challenge running alongside their regular colour combo challenge.

When Nancy first voiced the idea of a blue and yellow theme, the flag colours of Ukraine, I thought of this card I saw last year and combined with this card by fellow Color Hues and Uniko team member Hannelie, being fresh in my mind, I came up with this.





I made my pocket from a really ancient piece of denim DP, it says 2002 on the back, scoring to create the pocket shape and as the DP was quite thin, I strengthened it with a panel of white card, which I slipped inside. A few freehand dashes with a blue fine liner create the faux stitching.
I had a couple of these yellow daisy style flowers left over in my bits box from last summer's Uniko's release, so just stamped a few more using Doodle Flowers and BB Doodle Flowers, colouring with Copics and fussy cutting them out. A few lines of white gel penadds extra life.
The tag sentiment from Sentiment Blocks, was stamped with Unicorn White then Faded Jeans DOx over yellow card. Although the white and DOx are opaque it still lets some of the yellow show through the blue, casting a greenish hue, but I didn't know how else to do it to get the effect.
I arranged the flowers over the top of the pocket and glued them in place, adding my sentiment strip down one side.
On an A6 off white note card, I embossed the stitched detail using a stitched rectangle die and then added my pocket, foam pads in the middle and tape along the edges to give a bit of dimension.
That's all from me for the moment but if you would like to join in with your yellow and blue cards, just link up over at Color Hues. The challenge runs for 2 weeks until 9am PST on March 14th.

Keep safe out there

3 comments:

  1. I have been praying for the Ukrainian people at this dire time. Your card is beautiful and this is such a worthwhile cause. I pray for peace and freedom for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julie and fabulous hand drawn stitching! A lovely way to show support for Ukraine at this very distressing time. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed card, great sentiment and flowers and solidarity with Ukraine x.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated