Thursday 7 April 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #168

Hey!

It's time for a new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches, with a new month comes a new hostess too. This month the lovely Louise is hosting the challenges and starting them off with this lovely colour combo...




Isn't that a lovely combination of bright and cheery colours? So many wonderful options as to how to use them too! 

This is how I have used them...




With a colour combo like this I would normally reach for florals, but I have been wanting to use Background Builders: Triangulate for some time now and I was inspired to do so for my card today :)




I started by marking the centre of my CS panel using a pencil down the middle and again about 5 cm horizontally. This helped me to keep the stamped triangles straight and evenly spaced. I started with the middle triangle and stamped outwards in both directions. 

The sentiment is from Simply Said and I added some SU! It's My Party Enamel Dots to embellish the card before adhering the stamped panel to the white card base using foam adhesive.

A very clean & simple card, just the way I like it! Anyway, be sure to head on over HERE to join in on the challenge & be inspired by the rest of the CC&S Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by & I hope to see you in the gallery :)

9 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the geometric shapes contrasted with the fun enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this geometric design in the colour combo, so clean and fresh and those dots are the perfect accents. Lovely job Beverley
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Wonderful design & gorgeous colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb CAS card, so eye catching and trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic,graphic CAS card! Beautiful colors! Gotta pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking geometric card Bev! Great use of the colours in an unexpected way. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The graphic triangles are really cool! Great use of the challenge colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev - this is an awesome card. I'm glad that you reached for the background builders set and made the images very much in the foreground! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to be so late commenting Bev. This is a stunning card. I love your use of the triangles and the colours. Great sentiment and the enamel dots add a lovely bit of whimsy. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated