Tuesday 28 November 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #251 - Sketch

Hey!

Thank you to everyone who joined in on last weeks birthday celebration, we all enjoyed seeing your colourful creations in the gallery :)

I can't believe we are into the last week of November and December is just around the corner. I'm am SO behind on Christmas preparations amongst all my other 'things to do', I wish time would slow down a little - argh!

Anyway, Samantha is here THIS week with a sketch to inspire your creative card making...




This sketch is perfect for a quick Christmas card, which is the theme I decided upon quite quickly! Here's how I have used this weeks sketch...




I knew I wanted to use the recently release Festive Sentiments as I am just loving the larger brush lettering sentiments ;) Then I saw the current Inspired by All the Little Things challenge seen HERE and below and had my colour combo all done for me ;)




I die cut a Sizzix Framelits Star from a post it note to use as a stencil and applied Altenew Industrial Diamond ink to get my solid star. I then stamped the 'Merry Christmas' in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with gold EP. The sentiment panel is then die cut using a Lawn Fawn Small Dotted Rectangle and adhered this to a Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow card base using foam adhesive. A few sparkly gold star enamels finished my design off! 




As I've made a Christmas card, I am entering my card into the current challenge over at AAA Cards HERE. The current theme is Christmas AND Uniko is the sponsor this fortnight too ;)




That's all I have to share with you today, but be sure to head on over to the CAS Colours & Sketches blog post HERE to enter the challenge and to see more inspiration from the Design Team.

I look forward to seeing you in the gallery! 
Hugs


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful Holiday card, I love the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colours Bev. - so elegant! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverley your card is fantastic and such a classy design. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspired By All the Little Things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but oh-so-striking. Love the large sentiment and how you let stars play the supporting role on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS design! So glad you joined us in the challenge at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I love the Merry Christmas die cut! Thanks for joining Inspired by all the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the font of your sentiment, Bev. The gold and silver are so pretty against the black card back!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stencilled star, it really sets off the embossed sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS elegance - you've nailed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Such an elegant color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card, thanks for paying along at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an elegant card! Love the colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated