Thursday 22 March 2018

DT inspiration - The gardener's notebook

Bonjour !

Izzy here. Now that spring is here, gardening desires germinate in our minds. At least, that's the case with my husband.

Two years ago, he decided to make a small vegetable garden. The first year we had the pleasure of savouring tasty tomatoes, last year, in addition, we had beautiful squashes and this year he plans to add beans and zucchinis !

This is a very good idea but every year he wonders when he has planted, what varieties he has planted ... in short, all the questions of the Sunday's gardener ! That's why I thought that a notebook, in which he could note all this information, would be very useful.



I had in my stash this all new notebook but on which liquid soap had spread. So I decided to make a new cover. And that's what I did with it...



I cut a Kraft cardstock to the size of the notebook cover to make this project. The longest thing to do was to stamp the title, but I preferred to start with that because in case of a mistake, I would not have to start all over again !


I first stamped the title on an acrylic panel so that I was sure to place the letters correctly on the kraft cover. All the images have been stamped first with Distress ink and then with Versamark to be able to emboss them with clear powder.


To make this cover I used several stamps sets. I started with the yellow flower on the left from the Flower Power #2 set. I masked it then I stamped the two wonderful pink cosmos from the Pure Florals: Cosmos set. I also masked it and I followed with the Uniko flower from the Flower Power #3 set and a second flower of the Flower Power #2 set. Always playing with masks, I stamped the Spring Botanicals Snowdrop and I finished with another pair of Cosmos. 

The fun part was to colouring them with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils. As the top part of the cover was too nude, I decided to stamp randomly some fluttering butterflies from the English Country Garden Butterflies set. Then I adhered the panel over the notebook with double sided tape.


I love how this panel looks, the colours are very bright even over the kraft paper ! 

I hope I inspired you to use your stamp for something else than a card ! And the good news is that my husband used his notebook this weekend !

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day ! 

Izzy xx






5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to document gardening plans in a notebook and I adore how you have decorated them. Wonderful and inspiring :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic idea and how beautifully created. Got my mind on overdrive now as this idea of customising notebooks is so appealing. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Izzy that's fantastic! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Izzy - perfect stamping and a lovely project :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Izzy!
    Thanks for this inspirational post!
    Wiebke

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated