Tuesday 9 October 2018

Fooling the eye with Christmas Pop

Good morning folks.
Julie here, popping by to share a one layer card made using the fab Christmas Pop set I picked up at Port Sunlight on Saturday. It was lovely to meet up with Bev some of the DT, as well as some of our customers, new and old. The stall was really busy so I hope you managed to say hi if you were there.


I made this in my guise as a designer for  a challenge DT, on the theme of TRIANGLES. 

Our brains are fantastic things, able to fill in gaps that aren't even there. These are just triangles but our brain recognises the shape together with the star atop and instantly says we are looking at Christmas trees! 
As it is meant to be a masculine card, I chose bold colours and shapes from the set and used other texture stamps from my stash to create interest on the solid trees by kiss stamping. Kiss stamping, is when you tap another stamp onto another inked, usually solid stamp to create a pattern in the ink, which when stamped creates texture and pattern in the final stamping. Sometimes you can add a darker pattern to a lighter background but this time it just breaks up the solid triangle. 
The inks used were a mixture of Altenew Ruby Red, Olive, Fresh Lemon and Maple Yellow and Memento Bahama Blue and Grape Jelly. My sentiment, from the fab Pure Florals Poinsettia was stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite, a v dark grey which I'm coming to prefer over a stark black. 
So a simple one layer card, perfect for a quick last minute make or for batch card making.

Thanks for stopping by


1 comment:

  1. Julie, I adore your "triangles" that my mind sees as a charming, inviting, want-to-walk-through whimsical forest of Christmas trees! Love it! Inviting this set into my collection!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated