Sunday 14 October 2018

Uniko Studio Snowflake Projects...Inspired by "Turnaround" Stamping

Hello,

Carol here, sharing a discovery made while wandering through the blog-iverse: 'home made' Turnaround Stamping.  Most of us are well aware that Turnabout Stamps are a new, popular, trend in stamping, involving a variety of stamps that are attached to one another and designed to be inked up and rotated to create fabulous - and in many cases, intricate - backgrounds.

Did you know, however, that we can create our own version of this type of stamping, using a bunch of little images already in our collections and a grid system? I didn't...until I found Allison Cope's video/post at Inspire Me Monday:Turnaround Stamping.

I was completely enthralled and *had* to give it a try, using a variety of Uniko snowflake stamps from Stunning SnowflakesBig & Bold: Snow and Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions.

What follows are photos of my 'grid', my stamp arrangement and the cards/bookmarks that emerged from 1 thru 4 turns of my 'design.'  I 'should'  have included photos of the panels before I transformed them, but...completely forgot!  My initial layout is somewhat visible in my Misti photo and/or the first card.

Allison's video is absolutely instructive and easy-to-follow (which I pretty much did to a 't'), so I'll leave you to watch her and just get on with sharing my little offerings. I'm sure nothing here is 'new under the sun', but for me, the exercise of playing/creating was pure joy!

My grid and initial stamp placement (used 6 X 6" paper for everything):

      

One 'turn' stamped...and the CAS card created...


Two turns stamped...divided into two bookmarks...(need to add embellishments/twine...on my to-do list).


Three "turns"' stamped...and the  two cards created.


Four 'turns' stamped...and another two cards.


Once you fiddle about with your image placement (practice on scrap paper to be sure the 'turns' work...trust me...this is well worth your time), this is a TON of fun...and oh, the possibilities!  You don't even need an engineering degree to figure this out! If I can do it, so can you!

I inked up another panel (inspired by Allison's version), using several Uniko sentiments from various sets and a couple of snowflakes...and yes...it took a bit of "put this here, put that there, nope...back to the drawing board" to figure out (plenty of scrap paper used *grin*), but once done, the inking/stamping was quick (each image inked/stamped and rotated four times to get the colour variation).  Not sure what I'll do with this yet, but once I figure out my designs, I'll be sure to share...


Hope you enjoyed my projects and maybe give this technique a try with the Uniko 'littles' in your collection. I'll definitely be using this grid system again, although by no stretch will my efforts be as fantastic as the 'professional' Turnabout stamps on the market. Still, this is a fabulous way to stretch our stamps and our creativity, right? Right!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful results! I had seen Ally's post when it was first published but haven't gotten around to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!!Fantastic results, Carol! Thanks so much for the helpful hints. I will try playing with the little stamps I have. Always good to get some more use out of these. Have a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol. Love your cards! Love your bookmarks! TFS the video link, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is just awe inspiring, amazing Carol. Such a neat discovery and a fabulous selection of festive makes. I can't wait to give this a try and might even have to include it into the upcoming Uniko Stamping Retreat somehow!!
    Thanks for the inspiraiton. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This looks amazing and what a fab way of using all those little stamps. I think I need to give this one a try. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! Your projects are simply FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is this? Thanks so much for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is genius. I'm going to give this a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative and fabulous, Carol! Thanks so much for walking us through your process...I can't wait to try it for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot for sharing this technique, Carol, so useful!! :) Your projects look very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing this technique, Carol!! Your projects are super beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated