Sunday 28 April 2019

Welcome to another Stencil Sunday ........

Hello there .....

I hope you're enjoying your weekend ..... can you believe we're almost in May!!!  Doesn't time fly when you're having fun! 

It's Linda here again with another quick and easy idea for using your Uniko Stencils ....... why not create your own pretty backing papers.
Here's a really simple idea using just a small part of the background piece I created.


I took a large piece of smooth watercolour card and blended Distress Oxide inks over the top. 
I started at the bottom with the lightest colour (Scattered Straw), and then worked my way up the card getting slightly darker each time to create a sort of ombre look.


I used Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry  ....... just think of all the fab combinations you could try!
Because the Oxide inks blend so well, you get all these fab shades in between too.

I then took my stencil ..... the pretty Stylised Floral, and used Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide to add the design over the top.  The result was a pretty piece of cardstock that I can cut up and use for lots of different projects ..... backgrounds, even die cutting.  You'll no doubt see some of it again!

For this card I cut a piece to fit on the bottom third of a 7x5 cardblank, and then I used a fancy, stitched edge die to trim down a piece of white card to fit over the top


I stamped my sentiment, from the Birthday Wishes Clear stamp set using one of the Oxide colours I'd used on the stenciled card ...... so that everything matched. 
If you haven't tried stamping with your Distress Oxides, give it a go.  They are so different from the original Distress ..... you get a much crisper image.

The pretty matching floral embellishment was made using the Stylised Floral stencil again.


I simply inked through the design onto a scrap of white card, fussy cut around the flower shape and attached it to the front of my card using foam pads.  I added another layer on top for the centre.

Thanks for popping by .......enjoy what's left of the weekend, and Happy crafting!

Cheerio until next time ......

3 comments:

Lovely Comments Appreciated