Friday 24 January 2020

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - BIG & BOLD Happy

Good morning ...... Happy Friday!

It's Linda here with my first Uniko Brand Ambassador post of 2020.  I can't believe that we're heading towards the end of January already!

It's been a busy start to the year though.  Did you enjoy the new release from Uniko last weekend?  As always, Bev has designed some fabulous new stamps to add to the Uniko collection ...... did you have a favourite?
If you can't decide and you just want the lot, there's still time to join in the fun with the New Release Blog Hop and Giveaway ...... you could be the lucky winner of the ENTIRE new collection!

I've got a little bit of inspiration for you today using one of my favourite sets from the BIG & BOLD series ...... BIG & BOLD Happy
January for me, means birthdays.  Female and male, old, young and everything in between.  The girlie ones I've usually got covered, but it's the ones for the boys in our lives that prove troublesome.
This stamp set is perfect and if you have the matching dies well, the possibilites are endless.

Here's a couple of designs that could be for just about anyone, and any age ......


First up is a really cool all over design using just the large 'happy' stamp.  Just think of all the colour combinations you could use for this.  For the guys it could be masculine tones, or go for a more vintage look.  Use the colours of their favourite sports team perhaps. 
For a more feminie look try pastel shades or create a pretty ombre effect.


I went for a bright, rainbow of colour using Distress Oxides.  I also used my MISTI, so that I could repeat stamp and build up the depth of colour


A simple sentiment, stamped in black, die cut, and then attached onto the front of my card using foam pads


You can find another version of this over on my blog this morning.  Our son Chris is the big 30! today so I used this design to make his birthday card! .......


If you really don't fancy doing all that stamping, then let the matching dies to the stamp set do all the work .......


Using the acetate smooshing technique I applied Distress Ink onto a piece of white cardstock.
In case you're not familiar, simply swipe your Distress Ink pad onto a craft mat, spritz with water and then use a piece of acetate to pick up the ink and smoosh it onto your card .... easy!


I added a few splatters of red on top for a bit more interest.

I used both the word die and the shadow die, cutting them both from plain white cardstock ...... the actual word I cut twice.
I coloured one of the words with Distress Oxide ink and then layered everything together.


I stamped the rest of my sentiment directly onto the card, and attached the die cut word in the centre using a mini wobbler.  These are my thing at the moment .... they add dimension to your cards and of course whatever you use them on wobbles so you get movement as well ..... so much fun!


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a fabulous weekend.

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Card 1
Stamps: BIG & BOLD Happy (Uniko)
Inks: Distress Oxide inks - Twisted Citron, Candid Apple, Mustard Seed, Blueprint Sketch, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Vioet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne (for the sentiment)
Other: Small stitched oval die from my stash

Card 2
Stamps: BIG & BOLD Happy (Uniko)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Distress Oxide ink - Candid Apple; Distress Ink - Salty Ocean
Other: BIG & BOLD matching dies (Uniko); small wobbler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated