Tuesday 7 November 2023

Two For Tuesday - Originally Organic

Hello & Happy Tuesday.

I hope your week has begun well. It was back to school for The Beans yesterday and back to routine for me in the studio. It's a week of show prep for me this week as on Friday I will be heading over to Port Sunlight for The Stamping Together show.

Even though it's a busy week, I am still squeezing in a bit of creative time and I was inspired to dust off my Originally Organic stamps for my Two For Tuesday.

Originally Organic debuted in September 2016 and to me it was one of the first sets that defines my style of design and way I prefer to draw. So it has a special place in my design loving, paper crafting, card making heart. It was about time I gave it some fresh inky love and I couldn't resist paring it with some of my favourite stencils.





Uniko's first stencils, Scattered Polka Dots and Wonky Stripes didn't debut until October 2017 and I can't think off the top of my head of many cards where I have combined stencils with Originally Organic. 

For my first card I chose one of my most recent stencils, MOD Background Builder. I masked off the edges of my card to create a rectangle before using a trio of yellow inks through the stencil. I then simply added my favourite image in black and one of the sentiments for a one layer card. 




For my second card I chose the stencil, Cloud 9. And unusually for me I decided to create an oval window. Ovals are not a shape I lean towards very often.





This time I opted for Grapefruit and Sorbet inks to create this fluffy background. I then used the stem and one of the flower options. Again opting for a one layer card.




There is another reason why this month Originally Organic was restocked. If you saw the reveal of the Papercraft Society Box 51 HERE on YouTube you might connect the styles 😉 I can't wait to show you more!

Crafty Hugs 


5 comments:

  1. It's a lovely stamp set, very sweet and elegant and love how you matched it with the stencilled backgrounds. Two fabulous monochromatic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy using Uniko background stamps. 🌈 They’re so versatile, especially these 2 that you’ve used above. Beautiful cards …. Again❣️
    Your Papercraft Society Box looks real value for money with the gorgeous stamps & dies to match 🦋. Well done you👏👏👏 Big love & hugs, Sue. 🥰
    (Hope the ear ache is muchly better)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Bev - love your yellow stencilling with the Mod Background stencil. That is so versatile. The wee flowers sprigs are so delicate - love them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the first tone looks like it’s stencilling in gold, how luxurious! I love that you mixed it up and used an oval in your second card. I need to go back to a bit of CAS crafting I think! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the outline of the stamps against the background of these cards...another for the 'to try' list! xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated