Thursday 6 December 2012

Blue Christmas...

Hey!

I've finally found a few minutes to pop by and share this card...




For my card I used the NEW CAS(E) this Sketch! sketch seen HERE and below and I also used the current ColourQ challenge colours seen HERE and below.






This was a fun sketch and I knew I wanted to use my doilies as snowflakes again! I did use a little snowflake stamp which is from Label Love: Christmas along with the doilies as it was the perfect size!  I love the colour blue and the current ColourQ colours made my day & are perfect for the flurry of snowflakes on my card! 

I was disappointed today as there was no more snow falling here but I'm sure it won't be long before it's back! To cheer myself up I did a few more screen printed tote bags and as promised I took a couple of photos to share with you...




I screen print in the kitchen as I don't have access to water in the studio only outside in the garden and it's far too cold to be outside! We have quite a bit of worktop space & it's perfectly sized for printing small items like tote bags! 




This is the Gerbra flower from Pure Florals: Gerbera enlarged to fit on an A3 screen and I selected a yummy turquoise colour to print with for this bag...




Below is the finished screen print...




The process is fairly quick but I clean my screen between prints which slows it down a bit as I have to wait for my screen to dry again before I can use it again. Having the heating on and putting them against the radiator speeds the drying time up a bit! 

Some of the tote bags are just printed but others I have added Swarovski crystals, once this one is dry & ironed it will have some crystals added to the centre of the flower. Just adds that nice sparkley finishing touch! 

Ok, that's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs

Supplies:
Card Stock: WPlus9 White. PTI Enchanted Evening
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise & Pool Party
Stamps: Uniko Studio Decorative Doilies - The Hands Of Time, Label Love: Christmas
Accessories: Rhinestones

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! The snowflakes are really pretty.

    Love the tote bag - would love to see one with the gems on too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these tote bags look awesome Beverly. I haven't done any screen printing since school (a long time LOL). Your card is gorgeous too, with all those fabulous blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clever little doilie stamps make perfect snowflakes!!! Love them stamped in shades of blue. What a great little gift your screen printed bags would be.....how clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card...a perfect take on the sketch and the color inspiration! AND your tote bag is wonderful too! I took a screen-printing class one time, but have never done it since! What a beautiful creation! So glad you could play with the CQC this week and thanks for sharing this beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So talented! I love the card - these doilies as snowflakes are perfect! And I love the bags - lovely image in my favourite colour! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! The flower on the bag is stunning! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and the tote is so cool! I'm a sucker for those colors. So happy you joined us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Beverley, love the design with these snowflakes! We have no snow either but it is cold this morning! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beverley I love your snowflakes, great job on all of those challenges. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS card Beverley! Awesome way to use the colors :) !!! Your bag tutorial is awesome too...thanks for sharing! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stamps!! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely take on the blues we had this week at ColourQ - what a beautiful project! Thanks so much for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated