Sunday 13 September 2015

Surprise Sweetie!

Hey & Happy Weekend!

I was hoping to have popped in before today, but I was hit with a head cold on Thursday night and I'm only just about recovered. The beans have been a little snotty and under the weather too, so it's been a bit blugh here!

Anyway, back to business, I was SUPER surprised and beyond HAPPY when I received an email from Nina from Designs By Nina D, inviting me to be a Surprise Sweetie over at the {Cupcake Inspirations} challenge. Of course I jumped at the chance, all be it a little nervous to do so to join in with the FABulous DT.




This weeks Challenge #327 HERE is a theme challenge & the theme is LACE. 




This theme scared me a little as it is so girly and pretty, something I seem to struggle with! This is what I created based on the inspiration above...




I used a Papertrey Ink Decorative Doily Die as my 'lace' and as I still had the Flower Power #6 clear stamps on my desk they were inked up again with Pretty Petunia and Spring Pansy VersaMagic. I then fussy cut them out to decorate the side of the lace doily. The leaves are stamped in Aloe Vera VersaMagic. 




I couldn't resist using a little bit of NBUS on my card ;) 'The You Make Me Smile' sentiment is from the upcoming Uniko Release next week! I stamped the 'You Make Me' directly onto the the doily and the 'Smile' is stamped and fussy cut out. 




There is still time to join in on Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5 HERE and don't forget Uniko is sponsoring the challenge and you still have time to comment on my post HERE to be in the chance of winning a stamp set from the upcoming Uniko Release.

Anyway, be sure to stop by the {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge HERE to join in and also check out the amazing DT creations. 

I look forward to seeing what you come up with :) I hope you will stop by the blog tomorrow as I will be sharing a Sneak Peek for the September Release ;)

Until then, thank you for stopping by today.

15 comments:

  1. No need to be nervous, Bev. This is beautiful. I love the dark purple tone panel, I must do this more often and not reach for white all the time! Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Bev! Love the balance of frilly feminine white lace with the darker subtle hues! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the inspiration photo. So pretty, so feminine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being a Surprise Sweetie, Bev ... this is so lovely ... soft, delicate and delightfully feminine! Good to hear you're feeling better! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Bev, your card is so stunning!! Love the beautiful circle die cut with your added flowers!! Brilliant job! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being a Surprise Sweetie! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love this sweet card!! You well deserved to be a Surprise Sweetie! These delicate flowers matches perfectly with the doily and with the inspirational photo! The upcome "You Make Me Smile" sentiment is very beautiful. Love also the leaves with the little design, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this is fabulous!! Looking forward to the new release too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous card. Glad you were feeling well enough to craft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Like the new sentiment. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to read that you have been ill...hope you are all well now!
    I love the not so commen combination of colours from your card! It looks so beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. love those pretty flowers against the sweet little doily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheering and applauding your GD spot at Cupcake Challenges and oh my....what a gorgeous card you've created to inspire us! So incredibly beautiful; you've translated the cupcakes into a delicious treat for our eyes!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated