Tuesday 9 January 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #254 - Sketch

Hey!

Welcome back to another fun year of challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches. I look forward to seeing you join in on the fun and seeing your creativity in the gallery each week. 

Yay! I am your hostess for January, and as we are already into the second week of January we are starting things off HERE with a sketch...



This time I was hostess, I really wanted to keep my sketches as CAS as possible and open for interpretation. Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch as desired. 

Here's how I decided to use the sketch...




I've been having some fun recently using the Uniko Stencils that I released towards the end of 2017, as I feel I've not given them as much love as my Uniko Clear Stamps! As you can see today I decided to give the Scattered Polka Dot stencil so more love.

This time instead of blending a rainbow of Distress Oxide inks, I decided to do some clever masking and ink each individual dot with a different colour. Good job it was only a small section, as it was a little time consuming! 




I added a trimmed sentiment from Simply Said Blocks for my rectangle element and the 'you' is from the December Release Freebie (still a few available to add to purchases of £20 or more, before shipping costs and after any discounts have been applied). I then adhered the panel to a Lemon Lime Twist card base.

There are so many people that are inspiring me in my life right now, it'll be a tough decision as to who I send it to. I think I'll have to make a few more of this design and use some of the other stencil designs ;)



That's all from me today, I hope thatI have inspired you to join in on the challenge?! If you need a little more inspiration, pop on over HERE to see what the CC&S Design Team have created.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Smiling all over my face in seeing your colourful polka-dots! Yes, a time-consuming enterprise, but so worth it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots, Bev and the way your card reflects the simplicity of the sketch. Thanks for the super-CAS sketch to work with this week! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so adorable - love those fun polka-dots. At first I was in awe over your ability to stamp random, then I saw you used a stencil - but then I realized you designed that stencil - so I am back to being in awe :) (and adding that stencil to my wish list)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polka dots. I'm sure they were time consuming, but they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so bright and cheerful, sure to make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, so sweet and colourful and a creative take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the polka dots they remind me of confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beverley,I love these colorful dots as the panel. They make me feel cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brightly colored polka dots add a really fun touch to your card. It'll definitely bring a smile to the person who receives it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this week's sketch. Love the different coloured spots - a true labour of love. x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated