Tuesday 16 January 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #255 - Colour

Hey!

I am back THIS week and again your hostess for the January challenges over at CAS Colours & Sketches. I loved seeing how you were all inspired using last weeks sketch. This week is colour week and I have this combination to inspire you (hopefully)...



I should really be super organised and create my cards way back when I come up with the colour combos, as I had so many ideas when I did, but when it came to making my card recently I couldn't think of what to do! 

It was only whilst commenting around blogs I realised that I needed to send a friend a hug in an envelope and this is what I made...




I love the boldness of this hugs sentiment from BIG & BOLD Hugs and I really should do more bold focal sentiment stamps ;) This time I decided to pair it with the heart wreath from Originally Organic Additions and a smaller 'Sending You' sentiment from Simply Said II.




As I don't have the SU! inks for Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder I used my SU! Markers and MISTI tool to ink the stamp and repeatedly stamp it using the MISIT until I had a image I was happy with! The hugs sentiment is stamped in Perfect Plum, fussy cut out and adhered to the card using foam adhesive. 

Short an sweet today from me, I've not much time before one Bean goes to nursery and on stays home with me! No rest for this mummy today or tomorrow and I've a HUGE list of things I need to do as well as keeping him busy. Nothing like multitasking at its best! 

I hope thatI have inspired you to join in on the challenge?! If you need a little more inspiration, pop on over HERE to see what the CC&S Design Team have created.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

14 comments:

  1. This is simply so beautiful. Love the colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Bev! I bet this card design would also look great in just black and white. Maybe I'll have to CASE your card...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Bev! Your friend will love receiving this thoughtful, stylish Hugs card! Once again, so impressed with your design AND your skills at fussy cutting!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets what I had in mind when creating challenges, lol!!

    Your card is beautiful! Love the big bold sentiment! The heart behind in the soft shades is the perfect touch. Inspiring, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your lovely floral heart and the bold hugs!
    It's really an elegant & CAS card!
    By the way, I don't have any close colors to whisteria and plum. I've tried many ways to color my balloon, then I decided to buy more Copic markers to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Beverley, lovely layout and use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sending me the hug in an envelope - an unexpected but lovely thought. Loopyloo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Bev, this is beautiful! Love the contrast between the bold word and elegant fragile heart! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card design, Beverly! The heart wreath stamped off the side of the paper and the way you used that bold sentiment, is just gorgeous and so visually appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous I love the font of the hugs sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card Bev. I love the delicate floral wreath - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What can I say other than I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that floral heart wreath (and I should use mine more often than I do)! The bold "hugs" fits in it nicely and makes a very eyecatching card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated