Tuesday 28 August 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #287 - Sketch

Hey!

Welcome back to another week at CAS Colours & Sketches and the last week in August! This week our hostess is Karen and she has this fun sketch HERE and seen below...




I've been wanting to put my background building stamp skills to the test ever since the recent Uniko Background Builders: Happy Hexagons landed on my desk, I just needed a little time to do it! I had a bit of time this past Thursday, whilst The Beans were out with their grandparents and set to making the largest panel on the sketch...




I used my MISTI tool and the Background Builders: Happy Hexagons acetate sheet the stamps come on to stamp and perfectly space the outline hexagons strip in VersaMark ink. I then heat embossed them in white. 




I also gave my recently purchased Altenew watercolours another outing, using the majority of yellows and oranges in the set, just randomly colouring them. The sentiment & bee is from Bee Happy

That's all from me today, I hope thatI have inspired you to join in on the challenge?! If you need a little more inspiration, pop on over HERE to see what the CC&S Design Team have created.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bev,

    What a fun card - your hexagons are cool and I like your shades of yellow and orange. You don't mention who the bee and sentiment are by? Your time to yourself was productive and creative - how sweet your folks take the kids out. Thats such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little bee image is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever card, Bev. Love the dimension in the hexagons and that bee!! Glad you pulled out your watercolors! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I love the shades of yellow/orange and how all the elements work together!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated