Saturday 8 September 2018

DT inspiration - Extending your stamps

Morning all, Julie here with another idea on how to use those small stamps.
I'm up on my own blog with a card that uses the Originally Organic Additions and Big and Bold Hello stamps, as well as few hand drawn additions.


I've wanted the Christmas wreath stamps for awhile but as they are still out of stock I've had to think outside the box. I decided to show you that if you haven't got the exact right stamp, look at your stamps again and perhaps you can use those you have in ways that they weren't originally intended for!
I started by placing my handmade wreath maker, you could use the Gina K one if you have it of course, and a panel of card, in my MISTI.
Placing the small leaf element from the Originally Organic Additions set in the MISTI, I stamped.and rotated my card in the positioner and repeated 3 times. I was intending to stamp at every station but decided to keep it at 4, leaving out alternate positions.
To add more leaves instead of stamping I drew 2 in freehand on each spray, then added the flowers from Big and Bold Hello and the small berry clusters from Originally Organic Additions using the positioner and MISTI. To fill in some of the empty space I doodled a small flower by the stamped flowers and added more berries in various sizes, then coloured the elements with Copics.
My sentiment from Simply Said Christmas was stamped and embossed with gold EP.
To frame the wreath, I inked a slightly larger card panel with a Versamark pen and embossed with the same gold EP. Both panels were then added to a 5 x 5 white base card.

By the way there's a fab article featuring some of the DT in this month's Craft Stamper and a little extra on their blog here.

OK, that's it from me, thanks for stopping by,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated