Tuesday 18 December 2018

Tartan Happy New Year

Good morning, Julie here to share a card I made for the current challenge over at Cardz4Guyz. The theme there is New Year - New Beginnings, so I thought of making a tartan inspired card to celebrate Hogmanay.


The background to this card was made using the stamp strips from Background Builders Christmas 2018 set. I was inspired by fellow Uniko DT member Sarah P to create the background after I saw this fab card
I used a panel of red card a gold liner pen and three of the strips, the 3 stripes, diagonal lines and the wrong side of the Ho ho ho!
The diagonal line strip was laid across the panel and inked in Versamark before heat embossing with white EP, repeating to get the required pattern.
The 3 line stamp was inked in Altenew's Hunter Green and stamped in a tartan pattern followed by the Ho Ho Ho stamp which I reversed to get a plain image in Altenew's Ruby Red. When dry I added some gold lines with a fine gold marker and a straight edge.
The panel was then trimmed down to size and added to a white base card. 
From some gold glitter paper, I cut the 2019 and added it to the same cut from red fun foam.
On a banner of black card, I stamped the sentiment from Simply Said Christmas and heat embossed with white EP and then popped it up on a strip of foam.

That's it from me see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That background looks amazing! Would have never guessed you used the builder set, x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated