Wednesday 28 August 2019

DT Inspiration - Using the Mehndi Mandela Stencil as Background

Good morning Uniko fans, Julie here with a little bit of DT inspiration.
Today I'm giving some love to the Mehndi Mandela stencil and the fab Pure Florals - Rose stamp set.
I just love these glorious blooms and they are so great to colour, whether with paints or pens.


I chose to use Copics for this card, using RV000, RV02 and RV55 for the roses and YG01, YG25 and YG67 for the leaves. 
After stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black on Copic friendly white card, I coloured the outlines, then fussy cut each bloom and leaf cluster.
On a panel of dark grey card I overlaid the stencil in the bottom right corner and inked with Hickory Smoke DI.

The flowers and leaves were then arranged over the stencilled panel. I have just recently added some Gladwrap to my stash after seeing it used on YouTube. It's a slightly tacky foodwrap which clings to most things including die cuts and other small cut outs as well as itself!
So after cutting out a small panel of the stuff, I carefully overlaid it onto my spray and gently pressed all over. Rather gingerly I lifted off the Gladwrap and miraculously the arrangement came with it!
Flipping it over, I glued the over lapping pieces with liquid glue and then added glue to the rest of the spray. Without removing the Gladwrap, I placed it and the spray over the stencilled background and pressed in place, then left it to dry. 
When it was dry, I carefully removed the Gladwrap and added some sequins and a simple white greeting from Pure Florals Peony, stamped in black on white card. 
I did trim some of the overhang away so it would sit squarely.

So that's about it from me, hope I've inspired you to get those colouring pens out and have a go!



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration, great use of the gladwrap, the stencil and your design and colouring is beautiful x. Stunning card x..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. gorgeous coloring Julie and that tone on tone mandala bg is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... this is a gorgeous card! Beautiful stencil and floral design, and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated