Monday 4 May 2020

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - DL Cards

Hi! it's Jane here today with a trio of DL sized cards to share.

DL cards are tall and skinny or long and skinny and used to be very popular when I first started making cards. So I thought I'd give this size a bit of love and bring them back in focus again.



My first card you may have seen before as I used it as part of the AAA Cards facebook group's Weekend Workout at the end of April. I'm sharing it again today as it really was the inspiration for this whole post.


I used three Uniko stamp sets - Background Builders Classics, Balloon Bash and Sweet Baby.


I stamped the edge first using my misti to line up the repeated stamping along the edge. The bear was paper pieced and hand cut. I then used it as guide for the sentiment and balloon stamping. i drew in the strings by hand.

My second card is also tall and skinny. It uses three stamp sets- English Country Garden Butterflies, Background Builders Classics and Organic Wishes.


I started this card by using the butterfly die to cut apertures and then added the detailed butterflies stamped onto patterned paper behind the die cut windows.



I finished off the card with the same striped border as the first card and some random stamping of the flower heads.

My final card is a long and skinny one. It uses three stamps sets - Bee Happy, Background Builder Happy Hexagons and You Are Yes You.


I think this is my favourite of the three DL cards I've created for this post. I started by stamping the hexagon lines and the flowers and leaves. Then I stamped and coloured the bees on some scrap card and hand cut them.


I added the swirly trails to two of the bees before adding them popped up onto foam pads and a sentiment to finish it all off.

Well that's me done for today. 
Will you give the DL card a go? I'd love to see your makes, share them on social media with #uniko if you do.

Thanks so much for your time today, it's really appreciated.

Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Fab cards Jane, don't know why the DL fell out of fashion. I have loads of card blanks in a drawer somewhere, may have to look them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the long-and-lean style, especially with the images you've chosen!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. great designs so classy and elegant and yes I love the last one especially.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated