Saturday 31 July 2021

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Christmas in July

Hello

It's Wiebke here with a new Brand Ambassador Inspiration for you!
Time for "Christmas in July"!


For this card I masked a tree shape with masking tape, coloured the area with Distress Crayons and blended them with a bit of water. I carefully removed the tape directly after the blending process.
It depends on which paper and which tape and how much water you use if it's better to remove it immediatelly or if you should wait until it is dried completely! Please try out the fitting technique for your supplies!

The colours I used were: lucky clover, peacock feather, mermaid lagoon, salty ocean, broken china and tumbled glass.

When everything was dry I added a glitter halo around the tree shape with Wink of Stella Brush and also seven sparkling circles of white glitter paper which I fixed with little metal brads.
I tried to find brads fitting to the colours of the tree in the area where I placed them.


The sentiemnt is from the Simply Said - Christmas Set.
I'm so sorry I just recognized too late I used a set which isn't available any more, but Beverly designed also several other great sets with Christmas sentiments so you can simply replace this beautiful sentiment with another one you like!

I stamped the text with Distress Ink in lucky clover and traced the lines with a sparkling roller ball pencil from Sakura in the colour clear star.

To add a bit of sparkle I like both - the Sakura Gelly Roll clear Star and the Kuretake/Zig Wink of Stella brush in clear. The brush is great for bigger areas and the Pencil is perfect for smaller stuff like tracing lines of sentiments!


To finish the card I cut the panel a bit smaller than my cardbase.
I embellished the cardbase on both sides with a striped washi tape in clear + turquoise and then placed the tree layer with dimensional tape.

I like this technique, cause it's quick and easy to make.
You can individualize your cards so easy with

  • different colour schemes, 
  • different embellishments on the tree like rhinestones, sequins, stars, ...
  • different stripes on the side - washi tape, patterned paper, simple colored paper, ...
  • different sentiments
    Uniko has a big variety of christmas greetings in many different fonts and sizes!
  • different possibilities of sentiment-styles - just stamp it, make it sparkle, heat emboss it, ...

For a smaller tree, you can use the Christmas Pop Trio Stencil insted of the masked tree shape.

Hope I was able to inspire you to get some ideas for your Christmas Cards!

Stay crafty!
Greetings from Wiebke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated