Wednesday 3 December 2014

A Special Thanks to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Blog Hop



Today there is a HUGE blog hop taking place to honour and say thank you to an awesome magazine & all the people who have been a part of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking as sadly it is no longer to be, leaving a huge hole within the paper crafting community.

I cannot recall the exact date I came across Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine, but I have a feeling that it was back in 2005 when I was on my jolly holidays in Orlando Florida and I came across the magazine in the craft store Michaels. Then when I started blogging back in 2008 as a hobby I became more familiar with it. 

My greatest memory & moment was when I was contacted by Susan Opel who asked if Uniko Studio would like to be featured. Well, I jumped at the chance, what an honour. The stamp set being featured was my first stamp set I launched back in February 2012, Today, Tomorrow & Always Time. I sent some sets across the pond for their designers to work their magic with.




To say I was beyond excited when I saw that Laura Bassen, Kim Kesti and Lisa Johnson had all worked their magic with the set. Below is the card by Laura...





Anyway, I had to join in and send my thanks to ALL that are involved with the magazine to let them know how much they have been an inspiration to me, for giving my little company a chance & to be featured and also to let them know how much they will be missed, not only by me but a huge amount of people in the paper crafting community. 

This card is dedicated to them...




I think this was the hardest card to make thinking of what products to use, I finally settle for a couple of NEW releases from Uniko Studio's Christmas collection. Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions and Rustic Christmas, all the supplies are listed below.





So, thank you Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking for all that you have brought to not only me but the whole paper crafting community. I'm sure this blog hop will show how many people you have touched and inspired AND how BIG a loss you will be within the community.

If you've just stumbled upon this hop you can start at the beginning HERE at Jennifer McGuire's blog, but if you've been hopping along you should have come from Danielle Walls of Neat & Tangled and your next stop along the way is Tracey McNeely of In My Creative Opinion.

Enjoy the hop & thank you for stopping by :)

Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Old Olive. White (Boyes)
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves & Red Magic. VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions, Rustic Christmas, Flower Power #3 and Label Love: Thank you.
Accessories: Foam Adhesive

16 comments:

  1. Bev what a beautiful card, the Background Builders branches are fabulous with the sweet ornament and birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy scrumptious cards Beverley - so glad I follow you so I can join the hop properly ... best get to start of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Cas card and love how you xo ordinated the colour of the base card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, and a nice tribute,too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Love with that second card! omg LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Beverley - such a sad day but so lovely to see so many people out in force to say thank you.
    Hope you're keeping well - those boys are getting bigger every day!!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a simple and gentle design, yet with a mega message. So nicely done, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and simple design ( except the simplest are often the hardest to do!). We will all miss them x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card in your trademark beautiful CAS style, Bev! Beautiful words, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly clean & delicate stamping...love the CAS design!! Lovely tribute to PC&S!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, delicate, gorgeous, Bev ... and a lovely tribute! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and tribute Beverly!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated