Friday 24 June 2022

More BA Inspiration using some of the June release

 Hi, Julie here with a few more ideas using the fab new Sunshine and Rainbows stamp set and the Raindrops stencil. I had so many ideas about the new Sunshine and Rainbows set, that I just had to make a few more cards to share with you all. I've teamed it up with the new Raindrops stencil as well as including the older Rainbow and Cloud stencil, which pairs up rather nicely with both.

Here's my first card using Sunshine and Rainbows stamp set. I've used the rainbow stamps but the reverse of them to give a different look.


To begin, I taped off a section of an A6 panel of white card and stamped a couple of the rainbows, then moved the tape and stamped below them and above them.


Having a MISTI makes it easy to get good coverage, overlapping each arc also gives a more blended look to the finished rainbow. Here's the finished panel. The only problem with using the wrong side of the stamps is the smallest arc which is solid, so I cut a mask to create the white center. The inks were a selection of Altenew and DI.


My sentiment panel was stamped on vellum with Altenew Obsidian and heat embossed with clear EP. My first attempt smudged as the Obsidian ink is very slow drying and just sat on the top of the vellum, by heat embossing I eliminated that problem. I used a slim rectangle frame cut using an Altenew die from white card which allows the vellum to be attached to the finished panel without the glue being visible.

My second card combines the stamps with both stencils.


On a panel of pale blue card, I inked through the raindrops stencil with Versamark and embossed with clear EP. I wasn't completely happy, so added a layer of Salty Ocean DI over the top, buffing away any excess ink. Using the clouds on the second stencil, I added white texture paste roughly to give the clouds some added texture. I had to do this in two parts as the stencil doesn't allow you to use more than a couple at one time. Using the right side of the rainbow stamps, I created my rainbow, then cut it out and added it to a strip of matching white card to which I had stamped the greeting. I trimmed the stenciled panel down, and added the rainbow and sentiment on pads.

My final card was made for my daughter's birthday, which was yesterday, using the correct side of the stamps. Each rainbow was stamped randomly over an A6 panel of white card, adding the heart from the same set in the arc.


The gaps between the rainbows looked a tad empty, so using both sets of small dots from the Floral Vines set, I randomly stamped using a pale grey ink. I picked up on the grey for the mount and sentiment panel, stamped using Doodle Flower and heat embossed with white. The white frame was made using two stacked square dies. The finished card is a 5 x 7inch.

So that's all from me for the moment, hope I've given you some more ideas about how to use the stamps and stencils. Stay safe and keep crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Great set of cards Julie and so glad to see the new stamp set teamed with the older stencil. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated