Friday 11 October 2024

Retro Hex Glitter Baubles

Happy Festive Friday 

Today I have a fun retro Christmas card to share with you. I had this idea last weekend at the Crafterama show in Lincoln. More so when I got my hands on these fabulous and super sparkly Funky Fossil Stellar Pastes.




I knew that I wanted to turn the Ink & Flip Geometric Hexagon Layering Stencil focal point into a bauble. Originally I wanted to create a fully pasted bauble, but due to the depth of the paste, on the flip pasting the line definition inside the design was lost.





So I went with the second option of glittering just one side of each bauble. The colours of pastes I chose are Party Dress and Icicle Dreams, which I thought would pair lovely with Honeysuckle and Oceanside.




Once the baubles were inked, pasted and dried I fussy cut them out. I decided upon the bow from Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder, along with one of the sentiments from the stamp set. I drew the bauble strings with a dark grey fine liner. 




It's not often I go for a DL site card, but I thought the size of the baubles worked better on this. What do you think? 

That's all I have for today, but I will be sharing more over the weekend.

Crafty Hugs


2 comments:

  1. ooohhh... love the sparkle! These remind me of some of the retro ornaments I have! Great card and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye catching Bev. Love the DL design and the added sparkle really makes it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated