Saturday 8 August 2020

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Mono-printing with Stencils

Morning all, Julie here with some ideas to inspire you to get more from your stencils.

With so much time on my hands at the moment, I decided to have a play with my stencils to create some panels using a couple of mono-print techniques.

Here are two panels I made using a technique I saw Jennifer McGuire use on You Tube

I started by inking an A6 panel of white card with lots of Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean DI. Then I made a hinge with some masking tape and added a plain white A6 panel. Without getting water on the plain panel, I spritzed the inked side then sandwiched the Stylised Floral stencil between and ran it through my die cut machine a few times using the normal die cut set up. Carefully separating the two panels revealed these colourful, fun, textured effects.

Here are a couple of cards I made using each of the panels, I still have a bit left over too for further makes! 


This first card uses a strip of the darker panel slipped behind textured lined panels, a simple stamped, uncoloured small peony bloom from Pure Florals - Peony. I kept it simple and uncoloured so as not to detract from the panel, the sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks.

For the second card I used a panel die cut from the paler print and the same bloom, again not coloured so as not to distract from the background. This time the sentiment from the peony set is stamped on matching linen cardstock.
My final card uses a slightly different technique to create the background. Instead of a piece of white card I added a cut down baby wipe over the stencil in the sandwich and ran it through a few times in the die cut machine as before. This time I rang the changes and used the Fun Flower stencil. The damp baby wipe lifts away the ink where it peeks through the stencil to leave this soft effect. The panel was inked with Tumbled Glass DI this time.

To make the card, I used more sentiments from Pure Floral Peony mounted on deep blue and the small butterfly from English Country Garden, embossed in white on vellum and then die cut. A few clear sparkly sequins complete. The embossed panel was mounted on the same blue card and added to an A6 card base.

That's it from me for this time. I hope I have encouraged you to look at your stencils again, you don't have to use these two, have a play and see what effects you can achieve with what you have.

So until next time, keep safe!





3 comments:

  1. Some great ideas for different techniques. Thanks for sharing. Lovely cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Julie! Those panels look amazing on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous cards Julie and a fun technique to try! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated