Saturday 8 August 2015

Peachy Pink Watercolour Bloom

Hey & Happy Weekend!

This morning I am at The Paperlane running a class, it's lovely to catch up with my local customers once a month, being creative & getting some me time! Today we are doing a mixture of Christmas (Yep, I said the C word!) cards and floral cards. Adding in some watercolours and smooshing!

The card I am sharing today is one of the cards the class will be making...




I am still practising and getting to grips with my Zig Clean Color Brush pens, but I am thoroughly enjoying the process. I only have 4 colours of the pens, but it is amazing the spectrum of colours you can achieve with just those.

I was making my samples for the class kits and saw the new CAS(E) this Sketch! layout seen HERE and below and knew I had to make a card for the challenge, so I incorporated it into my class prep! 




I started out by stamping the bloom from Beautiful Blooms II in VersaMark ink and heat embossing it with detail white embossing powder onto smooth WC card. I then set about using just 2 colours of the Zig pens Dark Pink and Yellow to colour the bloom, achieving a lovely peachy pink spectrum. This then determined the card stock base colour (Papertrey Ink Melon Berry).




In the not too distant past if I was following this sketch I would have reached for Bakers Twine or ribbon for the line above the sentiment. But as the current trend is to use a die to create a break in the mat layer panel, I reached for my current favourite the Mama Elephant curved die! 

That's all from me today, I will be sharing another of the class cards later next week. Until the next time thank you for stopping by today.





14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Bev. I love the colours you've achieved on that bloom with just two pens. I soooo need them in my stash! Great way of using the sketch too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour Bev. I keep hearing about these pens but I had better stick with my water colours! Great design,have fun today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and colours. Wish I was close enough to come to The Paperlane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Bev. Your coloring looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love so much the bloom and these sweet colours ! Adorable CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower - hard to believe you only used 2 colours! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful watercolouring! And that little round stripe makes this such a perfect design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on the challenge sketch Bev and love your colours. Super crisp and clean design. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how pretty! That flowers is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the peachy tones and that flower stamp is gorgeous. I'm hoping I can order some of the Zig pens for my birthday, fingers crossed....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so pretty! I love your split panel! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really beautiful take on the sketch Bev... thanks for joining Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're working magic with the four colours, Bev! Stunning showcase of one of my favourite flowers!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Bev ... the blending of colour is fantastic on that gorgeous bloom! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated