Monday 3 August 2015

Watercolours & a Butterfly

Hey!

Happy Monday to you all, I hope you all had a lovely weekend and your week has begun well. My weekend was jam packed but full of love and FUN :) Surprisingly my Monday has been good so far, I usually don't do Mondays well! 

I even found a few spare minutes in between washing whilst the beans were napping to make the card I am sharing today...




Last week I finally bought myself some decent smooth watercolour paper to use with my Clean Color Zig Real Brush Pens which I treated myself to last month. I've been itching to get going with them after seeing all the buzz with them in blog land. 

So here is my first attempt! I chose the large butterfly from English Country Garden Butterflies to colour as I knew I'd be able to be 'creative' with my colouring! I am pleased with how easy they are to use and the results. I began by stamping the butterfly in VersaMark ink onto the watercolour paper and heat embossing it in detail white. 




I started out by colouring the centre of the butterfly in the Dark Pink, I then added the Turquoise Green to the edges and Bright Yellow to the bottom section of the butterfly centre. I then used my water brush to mix the colours until I achieved a result I was happy with. I finished the butterfly off with a layer of Wink Of Stella to add a bit of a shimmer. It's really subtle so doesn't show up well in the photos.

The layout of my card is based on this Freshly Made Sketch layout seen HERE and below. I decided to keep my card base and elements white and minimal so that the butterfly would really take centre stage.




Before I go I just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has taken the time to fill out my survey in THIS post. I am truly overwhelmed with the response and positive feedback I have received along with the comments and suggestions which I am taking on board. Once I have evaluated and collated the results I will share some of them with you ;)

I will be keeping the survey OPEN until this coming weekend, so you still have time to fill it in and help me improve Uniko!

Ok, that's all from me today, the beans are demanding their tea! I will be back tomorrow with more to share & until then THANK YOU for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. So pretty Bev, such lovely soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Bev. Love the colouring of your butterfly with your new pens.Good to see you make the most of the beans napping though soon they won't want one and you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Beverley!! Your butterfly is simply stunning. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love water colouring this butterfly and you have done a wonderful job of this x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning Bev and so thrilled you found a little crafty time and sounds like successful response to your survey. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooooooooooooooooooooo! The vibrant colors on that butterfly just popped right out and I had to click over to see what you've been up to. I'm definitely not disappointed! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Bev - you have got the hang of the pens very quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply lovely, Bev ... a truly beautiful butterfly! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Absolutely exquisite butterfly; such beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I magnified the photo and the butterfly sparkles so well :D Love your watecolouring, it's jus adorable! Wonderful CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors on your butterfly are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated