Thursday 20 August 2015

TIME OUT Challenges - Home Sweet Home

Hey!

Today is the start of the next fortnightly challenge over at TIME OUT Challenges and this time it is a Home Sweet Home challenge inspired by this photo below...





A lovely nautical themed inspiration photo which lead to this creation below, as you can see I went with the nautical theme & was inspired heavily by all the stripes!! 




I started out by using the reverse of one of my background builder stamps to stamp the wide stripes on the base card in VersaMagic Ocean Depth ink. I love the fluffy edges it created which I think has a ocean like feel to them. The boat is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black and I masked each sail separately to stamp the red stripes using the line stamp from Background Builders: Squared.




Before adhering the boat onto the card using foam adhesive, I stamped & embossed the sentiment in detail white embossing powder staggered/stepped on the stripes to add a little more interest. 

That's all from me today & unfortunately this will be my last fortnight here at TIME OUT Challenges as a DT member :( I took the tough decision to step down from the team to concentrate my extra TIME here at Uniko. I'm sure you will see me playing along with the challenges though from time to time ;)

Anyway, this fortnight we have a lovely guest designer joining us, Anni, be sure to stop by Anni's blog HERE to see how she was inspired by the photo and of course the FABulous TIME OUT Challenges Design Team...



For all the info and to link up your challenge be sure to stop by the TIME OUT Challenges blog. I look forward to seeing your creations :) I'll be back again later in the week with more to share & until then, thank you for stopping by today.

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous finale, Bev ... those striped sails are fantastic on your serene sail boat setting off across the lovely blue ocean! I'll miss you and your wonderful inspiration on the Time Out DT ... but will see you in blogland! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect stamp and a beautiful graphic card!
    Still sad to see you leave the team, I enjoyed your inspiration on the challenges!
    But I will keep on following you here! So untill next time! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background ocean stripes and the striped sails, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such precise stamping and what a great look. So sorry you are leaving us, you have been a great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean lines on this, Bev! Wonderful nautical themed card!!!
    I completely understand your choice to step away from things a bit! ;) Will miss your regular inspirational posts, but this will make it even more special on those days you have time to share your creations with us! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love...the large and smaller stripes are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect stamp set for the nautical challenge. Great card - must remember to reverse my stamps too :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, you did a magnificent job building your fluffy waves and pristine stripes on the sails!! You will be missed on the DT at TOC!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing, Bev! I can't believe you have masked those sails - they look perfect. Love the idea of stamping with the back of the stamp too - great tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is your last card Bev
    hmmmm but I can understand you..you have to concentrate to your Twins and your stamps too...hope to see you around Bev
    and I adore this UNIKO stamp you have...so manly and so clever to masked and stamped the red stripes ..you are so patient lady Bev
    Adorable DT card I love this
    hugs, Monika (I just join Time Out again will be soo happy if you like to leave me some love too Bev)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your stripes! And what a clever use of the back of the stamp to get those wider stripes! Pretty nautical card! So sad to see you go! Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This certainly is a brilliant card to go out on Bev!! So crisp and stamped perfectly. I've tried stamping with the back of stamps before but they have all looked awful. I sure will miss seeing your cards each week but no doubt we will still be seeing lots of you in Blogland!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated