Thursday 26 November 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches Guest Designer

Hey & Happy Thanksgiving to ALL my friends in the USA & those who celebrate!

I'm back this afternoon with my last Guest Designer card & post for CAS Colours & Sketches, I'mve had so much fun in the studio creating for the challengesand the colours & sketches for November are certainly 'challenging' me to step outside of my comfort zone! 

Anyway, this week is sketch week & this super CAS sketch had me stumped for a while but then I had an 'Ah Ha' moment. You can see this weeks sketch & challenge HERE and below...




And this is the result of my 'Ah Ha' moment...




I have been slowly sorting through some old stash that has been stored away in the garage since we moved in February and I came across this cute little Santa that I bought a long long time ago from the Ink Pad in NYC. 

He just so happens to fit perfectly inside the film strip frame from Strike A Pose! and so that is what happened! In the other film strip I used a sentiment from the now retired Jolly Christmas clear stamp set. 




As you can see I embossed both the film strip frames with stardust embossing powder, fussy cut them out & adhered them to the card using foam adhesive. With all the detail to the centre of the card I added a little corner detail to the white panel before adhering it to my white card base.

Ok, that's all from me just now, but be sure to head on over to the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE to see the Design Team's fabulous samples & I hope to see you in the gallery! 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I do like your take on the sketch - such a jolly Christmas card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the filmstrips, looks very retro type Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your GDT! And you made a stunning CAS-Christmascard! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the film strips, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Santa and sentiment fit perfectly in the filmstrip! What a fun little card, sure to bring a smile to the person who receives it! You've been a fabulous guest designer at CC&S this month - thanks so much for all your wonderful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated