Thursday 19 May 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #174

Hey!

Yay! It's time for a new challenge over HERE at CAS Colours & Sketches, this week is colour week. Our hostess this month, Caro has a theme for her chosen colour combos and that is the Stampin' Up! retiring In Colours. This week is Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon with Metallic Silver added in for good measure! 




Unfortunately I don't have any of the retiring In Colours, so I have selected the closest match I have in my ink collections to create my card...




I decided to ink up a couple of the Uniko May 2016 revisited clear stamp sets, Flower Power #3 and Natures Treasures II, which the DT showcased recently, HERE. The sentiment is from Flower Power #5. I will be back later today to announce the winner of the Design Team Blog Hop too ;)

Anyway, I needed a little more help to spark my creativity last night and decided to use the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch seen HERE and below for my card layout.





Hopefully you will see in the photo below that I added some sparkle to the open parts of the leaves using my clear Wink Of Stella pen. I also added a trio of tiny rhinestones for a little CAS embellishment.




Ok, that's all from me just now, I will be back later today to announce the winner of the Uniko May 2016 Design Team Blog Hop. 

Until then, thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you over in the CAS Colours & Sketches gallery HERE. Be sure to check out all the wonderful CC&S DT inspiration too ;)


13 comments:

  1. Sweet flowers! I love the funky leaves! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly fabulous Bev. Clever how you have built up your flower...a really classy card. Missed saying hello at Port Sunlight as you were busy with other people...maybe another time. Hope it went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole. I'm so sorry I missed you at Port Sunlight :( though I will hopefully see you in October as I am pleased to say Uniko has been offered the same stand :) Hugs Bev x

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely card - I love how you used the sketch to help you design it! The flowers are seriously gorgeous!! Such a wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is super stunning! I love the elegance of this card with all that white combined with pink and silver. A truly gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous use of your signature flowers Bev, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and CAS. An awesome DT card
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the little rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely. I love those flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty, pretty! I love that you've given dimension to the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the simplicity of the design.. just great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Bev, very CAS. The silver stripe finishes the card off perfectly. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be so late with my comment. Gorgeous CAS card, lovely use of the colours and stamps. Gorgeous CAS card. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated