Saturday 28 May 2016

Gold Explosion!

Hey!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend, it's been a lovely day here in the NE of the UK, with the sun shining and reasonably warm outside too - YAY! 

We've had a fairly usual Saturday with the boys, but I have to say the highlight of my day was seeing the Red Arrows (RAF Jets) fly over our house a few times and I could see them doing various parts of their display at Durham Tees Valley Airport just a few miles from our house. I remember seeing them many times as a child and it brought back many memories. 

The beans got up off their nap just in time but after seeing them fly past the once, they were not that bothered the second and third plus times! This is a photo hubby and I snapped of the beans before we had to wake them up...




It still amazes me when they sleep in the same positions! Anyway, enough waffle, how about a card...




This is one of the clear stamp sets being restocked next week, Explosion! So when I saw the new sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! seen HERE and below, I couldn't resist using it! 




I also decided to use the new ColourQ challenge colours seen HERE and below...




This close up photo below shows off the shimmer of the gold embossing on the explosion. I stamped the explosion sparks in Calypso Coral and added a few trio of dots using the holly berry stamp from the retired Label Love: Christmas! 




Ok, thats about all from me today, I've spent a couple of hours this evening (once the beans went to bed) in the garden too, so it's now time to relax a little ;) 

I hope to be back tomorrow with more to share, until then, thanks for stopping by today.


7 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch and the color challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the beans! Too darling for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, what a cute pic of the beans, made me giggle! I love your take on the sketch, great colors. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun photo of your boys! I miss my kids being that little....
    Your card is so fun! What a fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! The images are absolutely perfect for the sketch and the colors too! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ and CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev the beans are so sweet, love that you are sharing them with us. Love your card and might I say that you nailed the sketch. Awesome colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated