Monday 26 December 2016

A Look Back At 2016!

Hey & Happy Boxing Day!

I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day, I think this year has to of been one of the best for us as a family of four :) Seeing the beans faces as they walked into the front room with all the new toys and train set laid out was a picture. Plus, I just loved every minute watching them play together learning their new toys and then pulling daddy down to the floor to help and play. It truly melted my heart.

Here are a couple of photos from Christmas morning, apologies for my bed head!



Me and Ben the bookworm, checking out the new Peppa Pig books!


Josh admiring the train set


Josh getting stuck in with all the toys! 


Anyway, back to the title of this blog post... A Look Back At 2016! This year has been an amazing year for myself personally, but it has been a fantastic year for Uniko. We have had 5 fabulous releases, with 16 new clear stamps sets lining the Uniko HQ shelves. 

I don't know about you, but to me this year has almost passed by in a blur! With that in mind I thought it would be nice now the main seasonal festivities are over and as 2016 draws to a close, to take a look back at Uniko's 2016.

Today, I am looking back at the 2016 February Release. This was Uniko's 4th Birthday celebration and I launched 4 clear stamp sets, Beautiful Blooms III, I Love Tea, Some Bunny and Simply Said. So, I dusted the sets off and got to work with the help of my Christmas present from Santa, the MISTI and made a few new cards to share with you...




First up is a card using Beautiful Blooms III, the perfect set to get my MISTI into action! This set features a lovely modern 4 step layering bloom. I decided to only use 3 of the layers, but with the help of the MISTI it was a breeze and such a quicker process.

I've not had the time to sit and 'play' with my stamps or join in with challenges, so I was inspired to join in on the current CAS(E) this Sketch! sketch for the layout of my card seen HERE and below.




I also got my new and neglected Altenew inks out for this card. The sentiment is from Originally Organic, a clear stamp set I will be looking at later in the week, but the sentiments work perfectly with florals, so I couldn't resit using it and showing you how Uniko clear stamp sets can work together for even more possibilities.




Next I was inspired by THIS photo on Pinterest to use I LOVE Tea clear stamp set and replicate some blue and white fine bone china.




The teacups are stamped in Encore Gold ink and again I used my MISTI for this simple stamped image. I don't know if this happens to you, but when I stamp using metallic inks onto smooth card the image can slide slightly. So using the MISTI prevented this from happening :)




The teacups were decorated using the small Beautiful Blooms III image from the I LOVE Tea clear stamp set and the larger bloom from Beautiful Blooms III. As you can see I love to coordinate clear stamp sets when I am designing them! The sentiment is from Simply Said and as I need a few thank you cards post Christmas that was the reasoning behind my choice.

Lastly, but no means least I inked up Some Bunny clear stamp set. Though this set is oriented towards Spring and Easter, it is also a perfect set for New Baby cards, Children's Birthdays and more.




I used the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch seen HERE and below for the layout of my card and I opted to make a New Baby Congratulations card. No harm in having one of these on hand for 2017, I know a few people expecting next year.




The bunny is such a fun and cute image, perfect for those who like to colour. But it also suits some paper piecing, for when you are short on time! The congratulations sentiment is another from Simply Said.




So, that's a quick look back at the February 2016 Release, I hope I have given you a little inspiration to dust off these sets if you have them ;) There is a small amount of 3 of the sets in stock on the website and I have planned some restocks to arrive in January.

I hope you will join me again tomorrow, when I will be taking a look back at the 2016 April Release. Until then, thank you for stopping by.

Hugs


SaveSave

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! So glad your Christmas was fab! Lovely cards too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft, sweet cards, Bev ... and fabulous photo's ... TFS! Hope you had a Blessed Christmas! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures of the beans with their train. Love those sets & your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful cards Bev ! My favorite one are the fine bone China teacups, so gorgeous ! Love your lovely pictures too, mine are older but don't worry, they still have the same "admiring" faces when they open their presents ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos of you and the beans! And your cards: sheer delights! How fabulous to 'dust off' this year's charming images and give them some love and attention! Looks like you and your new Misti have become fast friends!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so beautiful! I love the little gold and blue china teacups - so very pretty. Fab photos of you and the beans too. So glad you're all feeling so much better! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Love these bright and cheery flowers. Thanks for playing along with this CAS(E) this Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flowers are awesome and I love the tea cup too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow three beautiful cards, love them all but particularly that first card with the pink flower, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch--those pink blooms are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated