Thursday 8 December 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #203

Hey & Welcome to the last CC&S Challenge of 2016!

This month over at CAS Colours & Sketches we are just having challenges for the first two weeks of December. We are looking back at all the challenges of 2016, choosing one and making it FESTIVE. THIS week we would like you to look at the 2016 Sketch Challenge Archive and choose a sketch and use it to make a festive card.




I decided upon Challenge #179 from June...




You can check HERE to see how I used them last time, this is what I came up with this time and I have rotated my base card to fit the taller panel for the tree...




I've this idea using the recently released Uniko Christmas Pop clear stamp set since before I released it and I needed to find my *very* old Doodlebug mini flocking jars! I've had these for an age and I don't think I have ever used them :( They are a little awkward but I love the bright colours, slight dimension and texture they give to the tree.




I heat embossed the outline tree and decorative lines in Stampin' Up! Black Embossing powder before adding the flock using my Quickie Glue pen. The sentiment is from Simply Said II and the ribbon is Papertrey Ink.

Ok, that's all from me for now, I hope I have inspired you to give the challenge a go and join in this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery. 

Thank you for all your visits and joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this year, see you in January with the new CC&S Design Team! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Christmas Pop and Simply Said II
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black.
Card Stock: Hobby Craft White
Accessories: SU! Black EP, Doodlebug Flock, Quickie Glue Pen, Foam Adhesive. 

SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Well I thought this card was amazing before I read about the flocking, must be super fabulous in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these bold colours and light touch of texture are super! Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time with this sketch originally - you've mastered it! Love the simplicity of the card paired with the bright colors of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I was thinking your card had a wonderful stained-glass look, and then I learned you'd used flocking on the tree! What a fun idea - and I bet it's marvelous to touch!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated