Tuesday 27 December 2016

A Look Back At 2016!

Hey!

Welcome back to another 'Look Back At 2016! This year has been an amazing year for myself personally, but it has been a fantastic year for Uniko. We have had 5 fabulous releases, with 16 new clear stamps sets lining the Uniko HQ shelves. 

I don't know about you, but to me this year has almost passed by in a blur! With that in mind I thought it would be nice now the main seasonal festivities are over and as 2016 draws to a close, to take a look back at Uniko's 2016.

Today, I am taking a look back at the April 2016 Release and giving some fresh inky love to Celebrate With Cake and Fun Flowers clear stamp sets.

First up I have a shaker card using Celebrate With Cake...




I seem to have a 'thing' for shaker cards when I use this set ;) I had some Stampin' Up! Designer Paper on my desk, left over from my CAS Christmas cards HERE. I decided to put some more of it to good use, instead of sitting and admiring it!




I used my MISTI tool again to line up and stamp the top and bottom of the cupcake and used Copic Markers to colour it in. The sequins are a mix of Stampin' Up! collections and the the 'happy' die cut is from the Hello You Thinlits Collection also from Stampin' Up! which has a good smothering of Clear Wink Of Stella. I then used the Papertrey Ink Banner Die to stamp the birthday sentiment onto, which is from Simply Said.

Next, I was inspired by THIS card created by Jennifer McGuire to create my next card using Fun Flowers




Again I put my MISTI tool to good use to stamp the layers of the flowers. I still require a little practice for the flower centres! 




I used my Zig Clean Colour Brush pens to colour the flower which is fussy cut and adhered flat to the card. I love the vibrancy of the Zigs just used as a marker and I now have another thank you card to send :)

So, that's a quick look back at the April 2016 Release, I hope I have given you a little inspiration to dust off these sets if you have them ;) There is a small amount of 3 of the sets in stock on the website and I have planned some restocks to arrive in January.

I hope you will join me again tomorrow, when I will be taking a look back at the 2016 June Release. Until then, thank you for stopping by.

Hugs

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to have a second helping of these fabulous April treats showcased with new designs. Cupcakes and flowers…too much fun!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated