Wednesday 4 September 2024

Smile, it's Wednesday 😃

Hello & Happy Wednesday.

I'm slowly catching up and getting back into routine now The Beans are back at school. It's lovely to be back in a routine, but it's oddly quiet without them home! 

‼️warning‼️

Long post ahead, lots to tell you about. So grab a drink and get comfy 😃

The Beans turned 10 on Monday, can you believe it? I'm not sure where the last decade has gone, it has flown by for sure. Here are a couple of photos for those who like to see. If not, just scroll on past to my inspiration today! 




Josh is on the left in blue and white stripes and Ben is in red on the right. These were the birthday cake requests I got this year! 




And here they are on their first day of year 5, just this year and next left in primary school before they head off to secondary school. Again, Josh on the left and Ben on the right.

Yesterday on Instagram and Facebook I shared these two cards for #twofortuesday using the Stencil - Layering Bauhaus Blocks which is now back in stock, along with lots more I will tell you about shortly! 




First up I went for a bright and cheerful colour combo of Blueberry, Oceanside and Sprout. I then stamped the sentiment from Sentiments Outlined (now back in stock) over the top. 




Then with autumn just around the corner I went for an autumnal inspired colour scheme and a kraft card base. I used Wheat, Nutmeg and Spiced Cider and paired the stencil with Natures Treasures II and a Simply Said Blocks sentiment. 




I wasn't sure about this card at first, I think it was my offset layout. But the more I look at it, it is growing on me! 




So last night instead of going to sleep, I lay thinking of more ways I could use the Stencil - Layering Bauhaus Blocks that I haven't done already!

And this idea popped into my head...




My idea was to combine the stencil with the Background Blocks MOD Builder (now back in stock) with the stencil to create a spotlight effect. At first I wasn't sure if it would work and when you look at this first flat lay photo it doesn't have a lot of impact.

But if I show you from this next angle you can see the raised elements a little more clearly. It's a spotlight come paper piecing technique. 




My colour combo is one I have used before and really liked, Rainforest, Watermelon and Parsley. Again my sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks.




After I made the card I got to thinking that you could also combine the Stencil - MOD Background Builder the same way. The stencil elements are a little bigger than the stamp, so would be a little easier to cut out and adhere.

So I've decided I will do a video tomorrow and share my process that way. It'll be posted on the Uniko YouTube channel.

As I mentioned earlier a whole bunch of restocks arrived in the studio. A few stencils and some popular and requested clear stamps...



Phew! That's a big bunch of restocks 😍

AND that isn't all the news... 



To add a little cheer and celebrate double the double digits with The Beans turning 10, I have discounted 20 products by 20% in the SALE section on the website. The sale is online only and will end midnight (BST) Friday 13th September 2024. 

Ok, I think that is enough news for now! 

Happy Shopping & Crafty Hugs




2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the Beans! How fast they are growing up! Love the cards you created... great designs and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday to the boys. I hope they have settled back into school well.
    Fabulous cards, especially the last with the raised elements, that looks fab. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated