Thursday 21 May 2015

Still TIME to join in @ TIME OUT!

Hey!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long, I've been struck down with an awful bug for the past 3 weeks and the little beans got it too :( We are just about on the road to recovery and I found a smidgen of energy yesterday to create this reminder card for the current challenge over at TIME OUT Challenges.

This fortnights challenge is a theme with a twist and the theme is...


Grunge with an OPTIONAL Twist of Embossing


What does 'Grunge' mean for us papercrafters??

Grunge is characterized by distressed, worn-out elements and the use of subtle
or earthy colours. Think torn edges, textured backgrounds, 'dirty' appearance, splatters, stains, even hand-drawn lines. That said, grunge doesn't always mean
"dirty" or subdued colours. A card can have subtle grunge elements in light or soft ink 
and yet still look clean and simple. Just think of grunge as the
opposite of "polished". 

We are very excited that our sponsors this week are STAMPlorations-owned by DT member Shery




We have 2 ways that you could win a $10 gift voucher to spend in the amazing STAMPlorations store:

-the DT will choose a winner and that winner will get a $10 gift voucher
-we will do a random draw from all those who twist with us by adding embossing to their project. This twister will also get a $10 gift voucher.


Now when I see the word grunge I freak out! LOL! It's not something I do well and this is my interpretation. Apologies in advance for my terrible photos :( 




I have one 'grunge' style stamp and that is the Grid from Stamping' Up! I've used it a handful of times and thought it was perfect for this challenge. The challenge for me then was to decide what to pair it with! So I glanced through my Uniko stamps and decided upon Explosion! mainly because I've not inked it up for some time.




I also gave my new Hero Arts ombre ink pads a whirl for this card :) I think the pink ombre effect showed up best on the cut out and raised explosion. 

Anyway, if 'grunge' isn't your thing like me, just give it a go, stepping outside your comfort zone is good for the soul. Plus there is an awesome prize up for grabs!

Be sure to stop by the TIME OUT Challenges blog for more inspiration HERE and HERE. I will be back on the blog tomorrow to announce the winner of the May Release Blog Hop, so be sure to stop by then.

Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)




6 comments:

  1. I think you rocked it Bev, the explosion stamp is so perfect for this and you know when the beans get older this stamp is going to be such fun to use for them. I will add this to the main TO post when I get to my laptop x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gridstamp is perfect indeed! And I love how you make this card look bold and light at the same time! Hope you all are getting to the normal 100% energy level soon! Enjoy the sun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, this is AWESOME! No need to quiver about making a grunge card ever again, because this is a knock out! In love...Hope you and the beans are feeling better...just to be sure, I'm sending extra hugs!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, Bev ... and so full of energy ... brilliant! Hope your recovery (and the beans) is continuing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverley, this is so dynamic card! Love the word scattered around the Bam explosion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This challenge has certainly given us all a push out of our comfort zone but I think everyone has done a brilliant job. This is fantastic and the grid is perfect for the theme. Love the explosions, can imagine those of a card for my 8yr old who is obsessed with everything dangerous!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated