Tuesday 13 June 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Happy Father's Day using Simply Said Blocks

Good morning, Julie here with a little bit of inspiration for a Father's Day make.
My daughter always asks for a couple of cards for the boys to give to their dad for Father's Day, so here is one I made using Simply Said Blocks.


Over at Cardz4Guyz their theme for the next 2 weeks is Father's Day, so I decided to combine that with this make. I'd seen Jennifer McGuire use sentiments to create fab cards so thought I would have a go.
Looking through all my Simply Said Blocks, I took an assortment of suitable phrases and stamped them onto white card in the colours of Liverpool FC, my Son in Laws favourite team! I know they usually play in red but their away kit is this dark teal colour and the emblem is always yellow/gold! The inks used here were from Altenew, Maple Yellow, Galactic Stream and Heart Beat.

Once I'd stamped a variety of sentiments, they were trimmed down and arranged across the corner of an A6 top fold base card in some kind of logical sequence! I tried not to have two colours overlapping so sometimes the logic had to go out of the window! The sentiment blocks glued down, I trimmed back the overhang and added a thin strip of red card to neaten up the top edge, stamped the greeting from Nautical Treasures and added the die cut letters to complete.

For a totally different look, you could change the sentiment blocks used to create a birthday or thank you card. A simple change of colours would also give you a different look, simply choose the recipients favourite colours, they don't have to be for a football team! The possibilities are endless.

So that's it from me for the moment. I hope I've given you some ideas for those tricky to make for men!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous design!! Very creative use of the simply says blocks and it's really perfect for masculine cards!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea, and beautifully executed on this cheerful card Julie.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Julie. I love how you just used sentiments. X

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated