Tuesday 27 June 2023

Brand Ambassador Inspiration - Monochrome Silhouettes

Good morning

Anita here and today I have three same but different cards, all using silhouette stamps and paired with the Pinstripe Background Blocks.

These were pretty quick to make and are one layer, apart from the sentiment strips and gems.  And for the first time I used Distress Oxide inks to stamp with.  They aren't the easiest to work with as they can be quite juicy but I chose them as I thought they would create better coverage of the silhouettes over the stripes, but what do I know...it didn't actually work!  The lighter colours ended up showing through but I do actually like that effect even though it wasn't what I was going for!  Hey, every day is a school day in the crafting world! 

So, here's the first one, using coral shades...


I began by stamping the Background Blocks Pinstripe II image in Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink and, once dry, I stamped the foliage silhouette from the Just Because set in Abandoned Coral.  This took a few re-stamps using my Misti, lots of light layers is key with these inks.  I then added a sentiment from the Simply Said Blocks II set and some co-ordinating jewels finished the design.

You can see below how the lighter shade of ink showed through the darker shade, I think it gives a kind of 'looking through some blinds' effect!



My second card is in teal tones...


For this one I used the vertical stripes, the Background Blocks Pinstripe image, as my backdrop which was stamped in Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide.  The foliage silhouette this time is from the Season of Beauty stamp set, and I used Peacock Feathers.  The sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks and, once again, I finished with some co-ordinating jewels.



And finally, in shades of blue...


This time, the Background Blocks Pinstripe II image was stamped in Salty Ocean Distress Ink, and the foliage, from the Happy Days set was stamped in Prize Ribbon.  The sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks II and again, the blue jewels were added as a finishing touch.



So there you have it, three quick and easy, clean and simple cards with no complicated techniques.  Thanks for taking a look, have a lovely Tuesday.


 

7 comments:

  1. Three lovely cards! I like them all, very classy looking too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely. I've neglected my pinstripes so thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Understated yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your three cards are s lovely and elegant, and love so much the effect of the D. Oxides on the D. Inks! I agree, as you said every day is a school day in the crafting world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...those are simple and spectacular! I don't have any of the D inks, but I may have to invest now... Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that the stripes showed through. I was going to ask how you had achieved this! I will have to play around and stamp some more with my DO inks. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three fabulous monochrome cards Neet - love them!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated